Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thetransporter Posts: 10, Reputation: -1

Jun 16, 2007, 06:30 AM
    Peptic Ulcer/Stress/Hiatus Hernia/Reflux Oesphagitus
    Hi Again,

I need a medical opinion from a professional regarding the link between 1.Stress -2.Peptic Ulcer/Reflux Oesphagitus - 3. Hiatus Hernia.

I have been suffering this for some years now... After mis treatment and bullying in the Military Services...

Can any professional help out please.

Private medical consultants state there is a causal link but the grey suits are giving me the shoeshuffle over this...

Best Regards

Frank.. +++:o
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 16, 2007, 10:35 AM
    These are all still currently being studied. There is a belief that there is a corrolation between stress and ulcers, etc. Except I believe for the hiatal hernia, I don't believe this is stress related, this is more of a genetic nature.

I am curious, are you trying to file a medical claim? If so, it will be a very long, uphill, and expensive battle that you probably will not win. These conditions can also be caused by certain bacterias, hence the continuing studies.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Jun 16, 2007, 05:47 PM
    Hi Again,

I need a medical opinion from a professional regarding the link between 1.Stress -2.Peptic Ulcer/Reflux Oesphagitus - 3. Hiatus Hernia.

I have been suffering this for some years now... After mis treatment and bullying in the Military Services...

Can any professional help out please.

Private medical consultants state there is a causal link but the grey suits are giving me the shoeshuffle over this...

Best Regards

Frank.. +++

================================================== ========

some sites for your perusal

Facts and Fallacies About Digestive Diseases

Hiatal Hernia-Topic Overview

I'm not sure of what you mean by:
    "mistreatment and bullying " but anxiety / stress is related to "irritible bowel syndrome"

Stress may be associated with stomach symptoms, but not necessarily the cause of it.
    If stress were the cause of stomach symptoms, everyone who has or is stressed [ and who isn't] would have stomach symptoms.

Grace and Peace
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2007, 09:01 AM
    Hi, I'm not a medical professional just a student but here is a medical paper supporting the link- it also has references you could further research. The BMJ is a highly respected peer reveiwed journal so it could act as evidence to support your case.

Stress and peptic ulcer: life beyond helicobacter -- Levenstein 316 (7130): 538 -- BMJ

You should especially look at the part stess and ulcers the evidence

I hope you find this a helpful source.
    thetransporter Posts: 10, Reputation: -1

Jun 20, 2007, 04:54 AM
    :)
    Quote Originally Posted by templelane
    Hi, I'm not a medical professional just a student but here is a medical paper supporting the link- it also has references you could further research. The BMJ is a highly respected peer reveiwed journal so it could act as evidence to support your case.

Stress and peptic ulcer: life beyond helicobacter -- Levenstein 316 (7130): 538 -- BMJ

You should especially look at the part stess and ulcers the evidence

I hope you find this a helpful source.
    High templelane you have just about saved my life-----mega positive karma to you I will meditate positive thoughts to you for the rest of my life

The transporter

Frank martin:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kidney Reflux and heredity [ 3 Answers ]

My 6 yr old son was recently diagnosed with Reflux (dealing with the kidney and bladder), he does not have scarring on his kidneys and the reflux is only on one side. They want to test my daughter to see if she has it. I am thinking of having myself tested too. To see if I have it. My question is,...

Abdominal hernia [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everybody. I'm a 14 year old guy and I'm pretty sure that I have abdominal hernia. Please guys, help me. I need to know how much it would cost to get rid of it at the min and at the max in $. See, I didn't even tell my parents yet because I'm kind of embarrassed but its not the main reason....

Avoiding acid reflux [ 1 Answers ]

If I have taken medication, how long should I wait before lying down? I ask this in order to avoid damaging my esophageal sphincter. I guess that the same question also applies to after eating food.

View more questions Search