Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Royal03 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2007, 03:27 AM
    Windows XP does not Boot
    When I turn on my computer The Windows load screen freezes so I cannot get into windows. PLEASE HELP ME:(
    SESaskDFC Posts: 214, Reputation: 17

Jul 6, 2007, 08:04 AM
    Howdy and welcome to AMHD:

As your system is booting, start tapping the F8 key. When you get to the options menu, try "Last Known Good Configuration".

Let us know how this goes.

BTW, do you have your XP cd handy?

Murray
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 6, 2007, 08:16 AM
    If Murray's suggestion doesn't work try booting to your XP CD and running the repair option.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Retrieve Windows XP key but Windows won't boot [ 3 Answers ]

I have an HP machine that has had the case replaced (meaning the sticker is no longer stuck to the side of the case.) It also didn't come with any media (the restore partition is corrupted.) All I need to do to fix the booting problem is run a repair but I cannot get into Windows to retrieve the...

Can't get windows xp to boot. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, My home computer which is a Sony Viao with Windows XP unexpectedly won't boot up after my daughter used it. It says that I need to select a boot device but doesn't give options to choose from. Does anyone know what needs to be done?

Windows boot error [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've been having a problem whenever I boot up my Computer, I see a display error message. It says exactly: Windows cannot find ""C:\WINDOWS\sembako-chzjloh.exe"". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button and then click...

Windows XP will not boot - keeps restarting [ 17 Answers ]

Hello all! Thank you VERY much for taking the time to read about my issues I have been having! Thank you in advance for all your help! I built my first computer about 3 months ago and I am running on windows XP. As with building this computer for the first time everything went VERY smooth and I...

Windows xp won't load/boot [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I have a problem with my windows xp boot. When I try to boot windows I get the screen that says: Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: <Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe. Please re-install a copy of the above file. I would appreciate all your help. ...

View more questions Search