Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kittypatty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2007, 11:16 PM
    I need to find a prengancy test that shows an answer after only 1 week of having sex!
    All right, so basically, I have had sex when I know I shouldn't have. I'm with a guy who I'm way too on and off with to ever take seriously AND not to mention I'm WAYYYY too young to be having a baby! Anyhow, I have a sort of an irregular period to start with, but I am supposed to get it soon, and have not gotten it. Plus I had sex 6 days ago without being on birth control and without a condom. BUT he said he "pulled out" and I also took Plan B "morning after" pill within less then 24 hours of our sex... so my question is:

Is there a pregnancy test that I can take that will give me a clear answer as early as (around) a week after I've had sex?

Please say yes, and anyone who knows, PLEASE tell me anything you know ASAP

Thank You:
    ~*the nervous reck*~
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2007, 11:19 PM
    It all depends on when you're supposed to have your next period. Since you said its irregular anyway, it'll be a little tricky. The test I used was First Response and it told me right around 5 days before my missed period. Personally, if you took the morning after pill I'd say you were okay, but I'd check just to be sure.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2007, 01:58 PM
    There is no test that can accurately tell you anything after only one week. Chances are if you are pregnant, the baby hasn't even implanted yet. IM afraid you get to do what every other woman out there gets to do and wait.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2007, 02:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel
    there is no test that can accurately tell you anything after only one week. chances are if you are pregnant, the baby hasnt even implanted yet. IM afraid you get to do what every other woman out there gets to do and wait.
    I agree, there is no test to tell you anything only after one week. It is just a waiting game. Some tests can be accurate only a day after your period is due but it is recommended to wait until a week after your period is due to get an accurate result. Also I would say if you suspect that you are pregnant that you get a blood test at a clinic.

Another thing you mention was that you took a morning after pill. These medications can effect your periods and even possibly delay your period.

I hope that you have learned by this mistake and take better care in the future. Using both birth control and protection. Remember birth control does not protect you against any sexually transmitted diseases.

Joe
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2007, 07:34 PM
    The "pull out method" is NEVER a good way to prevent pregnancy. This is because there is sperm in pre-, and pre- is released early on and without either party knowing when it happens. If you are not in a position to be getting pregnant, (as I agree, you definitely aren't. You are young and NOT in a stable relationship. Definitely not with a guy you want to have a baby with and be connected to for the rest of your life, and would also likely deprive the child of having a decent father figure should you get pregnant. And just a personal observation... there are plenty of good guys out there, why waste your time being sexually active with someone that you don't to have a serious relationship with, esp when running the risk of having a baby with them? ) so, if you aren't going to be using condoms, you need to get on a constant form of birth control such as the pill, etc. using condoms on top of that would be wise, but at least you would know you had the first form of birth control already in your system. Now, as far as the test goes, the earliest hpt test that you can take is 5 days before your expected period. However, these are much less reliable (esp if your periods are irregular and you may be testing too early still) as all pregnancy tests rely on the amount of hcg in your system, and if you don't have enough, it will not register on a test, even if you may be pregnant... just testing too early. You can go to your local hospital and get a qualatative blood test done and that will be more accurate. HOWEVER, I would suggest that you just wait until your period is 2 weeks late(2 weeks in your case, as you are irregular) esp since you took the morning after pill, and your chances of pregnancy are much slimmer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doesn't find me attractive, doesn't want sex with me, isn't sure he wants a relationship [ 14 Answers ]

Please read this, I need your help I'm 18 and so is my boyfriend I've been with him for 10 months and for about 5 months he's telling me he's not ready to commit and isn't sure he wants a relationship.and at points he's said he wants to feel he can do stuff with other women should the situation...

Test Device 2 Test Inside Wiring w/o Phone [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a small (max 5cmX5cmx5cm), inexpensive test device or card on the market that I can use to test my phone line at the NID without using a telephone? This is important as I have a cordless.

One - week post unprotected sex [ 6 Answers ]

Is this too soon to feel pregnant or do I really have the flu?

Trying to find an answer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Im A New User, Just Browsing The Internet To Try And Find An Answer To My Problem. I Am Trying For A Baby And A Week Before My Peroid Was Due I Had A Really Light Bleed For 3 Days, More Brown Than Red. Now Im 4 Days Past My Period Due Date, And I Am Always Regular, I Have Done About 5 Tests, All...

How many times sex is better in week! [ 10 Answers ]

How many times sex with women is better for mans health in a week!any side effects if u do more!

View more questions Search