Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happy4lyf Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Fathers Day
    So my dad died when I was 8 and he was never the best of guy we were never close or anything.
    But I seemed to have never gotten over it I still cry all the time and with fathers day coming up so close I have been a total mess.
    My mom is making me go to dinner with her husband(my step dad) who I cannot stand but I try to be nice.
    what can i do to get through it
    help!!!!!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 15, 2007, 07:44 PM
    How old are you? How long ago did your dad die?

I can understand how you feel. You see my father passed away just 9 short days ago. Not quite one week after his birthday. This will be my first father's day without him.

Jun 15, 2007, 09:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    How old are you? How long ago did your dad die?

I can understand how you feel. You see my father passed away just 9 short days ago. Not quite one week after his birthday. This will be my first father's day without him.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>
    Im 15 my dad died about almost 7 years ago. I know it probably won't help (it never helps me) Im sorry your dad died.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 15, 2007, 09:40 PM
    Thank you for your condolences.

Now, why do you continue to have such a hard time? Can you talk about it? Are you mad at your Mom for remarrying? Are you mad at your Dad for dying? Are you mad at your Step Father for replacing your father?

Why do you feel so angry?

I hate to answer questions with questions, it's just that sometimes we need to know a little more about the situation and the circumstances to help you best.

Jun 15, 2007, 11:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Thank you for your condolences.

Now, why do you continue to have such a hard time? Can you talk about it? Are you mad at your Mom for remarrying? Are you mad at your Dad for dying? Are you mad at your Step Father for replacing your father?

Why do you feel so angry?

I hate to answer questions with questions, it's just that sometimes we need to know a little more about the situation and the circumstances to help you best.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>><< <<<<<>>>
    I'm OK with talking about it but I hate to with my friends and family cause people look at me different if I share my feelings hence why I use online advice.
    Its everything I'm mad at my dad for being the way he was for treating his family so bad for leaving for not telling me goodbye for not fighting harder in the hospital.
    I'm mad at my mom for talking about it like it never happened for remarrying a total jerk for treating me like I'm crazy for telling me to grow up and to stop being a baby.
    I'm mad at my stepdad for wanting me to call him dad and for trying to get me to talk to him and to not hate him and for wanting me to have his and my moms last name for yelling at me for not wanting to have anything to do with him for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two possible fathers [ 4 Answers ]

I am four months the problem is I don't know when my last period was or when I coneived.

Fathers Rights [ 5 Answers ]

My daughters friend has a little girl from a previous girlfriend. They were never married. He is listed as the father on the birth certificate. The mother does not want child support and has sole custody of the child. The father paid for the hospital bills when she was born and still pays all...

Could I be pregnant if I miss a day, the day after ovulation? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been on birth control for 7 months and I take my pill everyday at 7:00 almost every day. I accidentally skipped one of my days. But the day that I skipped, stupidly I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend that day. It was around the time of my ovulation time but the day I supposidly...

Fathers visitation [ 3 Answers ]

My son is almost 3 years old and his birth father had been in and out of his life for the first yr. he was an abusive alcoholic and I finally got out of it. He has domestic violence charges. He has not been a part of my sons life for the last yr and a half other than paying child support. I married...

Conception and 2 possible fathers [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know when my child was conceived if my due date is oct.3.2006. I'm not sure the first day of my last menstural period, it had to be around dec.18 and my period is not regular. I've only had two sonograms done. My first sonogram done on march 23, 2006 said I was 13 week and 4 days and my...

View more questions Search