Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonesleah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2007, 07:27 PM
    Dying aquarium fish
    Please help me,I am new to this fish aquarium keeping stuff. I have a 35 gallon tank, with fresh water fish, I had guppy's, zebra, tiger barb or what looks like,and molly lier tail {all non aggressive } bought from Petco. I also had a algae eater {which was 6" long } all die.I have had these fish for at least 6 months.I have added water like I have before which had chlorine remover added, according to the directions. The ph level to the safe color. The same tropical fish food.I've changed nothing. The pump for the bubbler went out.could the fish die from stress? What can I do to be a better fish owner? Is it that I have to stick to one kind of fish? I only had non aggressive. Thanks for your help.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2007, 08:23 PM
    Do you have any fish now?
    If so, we can work on trying to figure out what went wrong and if there is anything happening inside the aquarium that may be causing death to fish.

If not, are you looking to start over? I can help you out there as well.

If you have a filter on your aquarium that created any amount of bubbles
    As the water flowed back into the tank, then they weren't stressed due to lack of oxygen.
    However, if they were not getting enough oxygen, that could pose a problem.
    You don't have to stick to one fish when you are keeping a non aggressive community aquarium. Just be on the look out for the fin nippers like tiger barbs and that they are not nipping the fins of the other fish.

Also, sometimes fish have illness that are not obvious ones.
    They could have just been sick...

Waiting on you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Aquarium [ 3 Answers ]

I like to start fresh water aquarium business in India what r all the steps to start this show more over I also like to export this fish over seas kindly kind me need help urgently...

New aquarium owner with dying fish [ 32 Answers ]

I started my 10 gallon freshwater tank about a month ago and I have had 5 out of 6 fish die. The only fish that has survived is a swordtail. I have lost a 2 mollies, 2 plecostomus and one swordfish. I don't know if we are feeding them too much or not. We do have a little food particles on the...

Why! Are all the bees dying [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! Im Thomas ,Iam very concerned about the exstinktion of many species ,Are the paulanaiting bees next? How will we grow fruit maybe we can invent a spay paulin ,:confused:

Colony's of Bee's dying [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I heard on the news about bee's and I heard something that cell phone radiation does it? What do you think they will do about this? Cause there a big part in our life you know (emmm honey :P)

View more questions Search