Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 17, 2007, 09:50 AM
    And I'm not attempting to switch your vote to the Democrats side of the ballot. I'm just pointing out that while Bush and Cheny have no problem sending our boys over to Iraq only to come home in a body bag they sidestepped going to war themselves. Such politicians are called "chickenhawks" , hawkish on the war but too chicken to go themselves.
    Have a great Sunday, tom
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2007, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu
    We have done some great things in Iraq
    Hello let:

In my view, the single good thing we did in Iraq was to remove Saddam. Everything we've done since then hasn't been good at all. Yeah, I'm sorry 3,000+ of our boys died in vein. That doesn't mean we have to sacrifice any more.

excon
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2007, 01:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken 297
    How does President Bush line his pockets with oil money?
    Doesn't a reduced supply drive up the prices? With stability in the middle east supply will be more reliable.
    The left left wing Bush haters that make it virtually impossible to search for more oil or build more refineries do more to cause a shortage of gas supplies allowing prices to rise at the pump which increases profits for oil companies.
    I hope you sincere when you say you are just discussing options and not looking for arguments.
    Comments such as Bush is lining his pockets and Bush stole the elections have no basis in fact but are just repeated distortions that if repeated often enough tend to be believed.
    The Florida election count has been recounted more than any other count in history.
    Counted by the media, universities as well as the official counts and they all came to the same conclusion.

Ask how many overseas military ballots where counted? The left went out of their way to make sure these votes where not included as members of the military who know the price of freedom better than others tend to be more right of center.
    As for the claim that the ballots where fixed or confusing. First if you can't figure out how to vote in a voting both should you be the one to decide who should be elected to the most powerful position in the world.
    The next point even though I can't remember all the details about how Fla elections are run but I do remember in the disputed Counties the ballots where set up by Democrats.
    The chief electorial officers where Democrats.
    This is a great string, always like to hear different points of views. One question though, why did you start the thread with Can this moron do anything right/good?
    Doesn't sound like someone than is just looking for information. It sounds like you your opinion is made and you are looking for support for your conclusions.
    Does your statement that President Bush is a moron come from his accent? Because he mispronounces a syllable or two once in a while? Just curious
    How does President Bush line his pockets with oil money?
    Doesn't a reduced supply drive up the prices? With stability in the middle east supply will be more reliable.
    The left left wing Bush haters that make it virtually impossible to search for more oil or build more refineries do more to cause a shortage of gas supplies allowing prices to rise at the pump which increases profits for oil companies.
    Again, the only info I get is what's pushed on the news, etc that I happen to accidentally hear.
    What I hear is that no matter the cost of gas, no matter the supply, bush gets money from it no matter what.
    I say lets start using more efficient ways produce energy by using water/wind/hybrids(which I drive)/etc in attempt to conserve energy and lower the demand.
    I say "lets use less oil to stop the shortage rather than look and drill for more".

I hope you sincere when you say you are just discussing options and not looking for arguments.
    Yes, I'm sincere.

As for the claim that the ballots where fixed or confusing. First if you can't figure out how to vote in a voting both should you be the one to decide who should be elected to the most powerful position in the world.
    The problem occurred after everyone properly voted. What are you talking about?

One question though, why did you start the thread with Can this moron do anything right/good?
    Because some of the things he does (the illegal immagrate thing set me off) makes the guy look like a moron.

It sounds like you your opinion is made and you are looking for support for your conclusions.
    What would make you think that?
    I asked for people to tell me something/anything good that he has done for OUR country and I thanked the people who did and everyone for participating in the discussion.

Does your statement that President Bush is a moron come from his accent? Because he mispronounces a syllable or two once in a while? Just curious
    No, Minus his southern accent, I feel the others just make him look nervous and uneducated.
    Ken 297 Posts: 112, Reputation: 24

Jun 20, 2007, 04:13 AM
    Several questions there
    1. It's a great idea to use less gas/oil but there isn't really a viable alternative right now. I ride a bike to work close to thirty miles per day(Weather permitting, with global warming maybe I can ride in the winter and that should help the environment)

The government is addicted to the taxes it raises from gas. If the use of gas slowed considerably then government revenues would be way down.
    2.The problem in Fla started as soon as the Democrats saw they might be defeated. Calls started coming in saying voters couldn't figure out how to vote for the candidate of their choice and accusing the Republicans of fixing the elections. When that didn't work they started with the recounts. They had no intention of accepting a recount hence the hanging chad controversy. To this day they still say the election was stolen even though recount after recount show the Republicans won the election.
    3. What good has the president done is a matter of interpretation. He has at least slowed the terrorist growth and strength around the world. Like it or not the Middle East respects strength and commitment. If he could have received support from the left and or the press the results would have been much different in the short run. The long term is yet to be seen.
    For the immigrant thing set you off. I don't agree with granting legal status to illegal immigrants either. I don't know what he was thinking about on that issue. Maybe he was trying to get along with the Democrats. Maybe he was trying to stop the Racism accusations at every turn. Maybe trying to get the Latino vote.
    5 He does look nervous in his speeches but to me he always came across as honest and sincere. Unlike his predecessor.
    In your original post you ask for good things he has done and I think several posts have given you your answer.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2007, 04:33 AM
    He has at least slowed the terrorist growth and strength around the world.
    Actually by all accounts it has strengthen the resolve of the terrorists.

Suicide bombers preparing for Canadian, U.S. attacks: report
    "ABC quoted Dadullah as saying,"These Americans, Canadians, British and Germans come here to Afghanistan from faraway places. Why shouldn't we go after them?"
    Ken 297 Posts: 112, Reputation: 24

Jun 20, 2007, 05:00 AM
    Actually by all accounts??
    What does that even mean?
    Did you have a terrorist awareness meeting recently or something.
    Terrorist acts work if the terrorists think they are effective and they get the press they want.
    When someone responds to a terrorist attack and is then criticized beyond reason then the terrorists get exactly what they want.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2007, 05:31 AM
    Did you have a terrorist awareness meeting recently or something.
    Yes, I saw your name on the email distribution list but I guess you were busy. And thanks for the definition of terrorism, I was a little unsure but it's OK now.
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2007, 07:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacservicetech_07
    Again, Can you prove that? This may be true, but do you honestly think that he started this war, for money?? Give me a break!! That is crazy, That doesn't make sense, like I said before, this war was something this country wanted, we wanted revenge.
    "revenge" for what, though?

9/11?

Khobar Towers?

The bombing of the embassies in Kenya or Tanzania?

Really -- What specific slight was avenged by the invasion and occupation of Iraq?

If you want to support the invasion, occupation and removal of Hussein for his twelve years of thumbing his nose at the international community -- Then I'm right behind you, but don't pretend Hussein had anything to do with the acts perpetuated against our country and our country's interests abroad.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2007, 06:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AKaeTrue
    I hate politics! But recently there has been such a flood of it coming through
    on TV, radio, and the internet that I can't escape from hearing things - all of which I do not like or condone.
    Can someone please tell me anything good that president Bush has done for
    his country. I'm struggling to be proud that I live hear.
    Quite frankly, I'm down right embarrassed and worried about what he's doing to the US. Can this moron do anything right/good?
    Has he done anything right/good?
    Anyone?
    Why exactly would you believe a word the media tells you? Have you ever noticed the media is anti-Bush and for that matter anti-USA. The fact that you have to ask what Bush has done is mind boggling because it illistrates the exact point that the media makes the news, they do not report it.
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2007, 07:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chuff
    Why exactly would you believe a word the media tells you? Have you ever noticed the media is anti-Bush and for that matter anti-USA.
    About as much as I've noticed that there are elements of the media who are so 'pro-Bush' and so 'pro-America' that they oftentimes do so to the peril of both the people and the country.

The fact that you have to ask what Bush has done is mind boggling because it illistrates the exact point that the media makes the news, they do not report it.
    No, it's a fair question -- Squandering 3,000 plus lives in a poorly executed invasion and occupation, garnering the enmity of the world community, trampling on The Bill of Rights, ignoring the will of the people and defiantly and illegally telling both houses of the Senate to go to hell when they try to exercise their authority tends to overshadow the few and far in between positive policies Bush has pursued.

Too little, too late -- His place in history is set.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2007, 07:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chuff
    Have you ever noticed the media is anti-Bush
    Hello chuff:

Talk radio is part of the media and it's dominated by the right. No? I know you listen to them. Cause you sound exactly like them.

excon
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2007, 07:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello chuff:

Talk radio is part of the media and it's dominated by the right. No? I know you listen to them. Cause you sound exactly like them.

excon
    True talk radio is part of the media. I would probably not call it the main stream media as I would would for say that is television and some newspapers. That being said if you want to claim it's part of the media I wouldn't argue it.

You know that I listen to them huh? How funny because you are wrong. I think you said before that I needed Rush Limbaugh to tell me what to say. I thought I made it clear then that I can think for myself and don't need him to speak for me nor do I listen to him. Sorry to tell you I'm at work to so that I can afford my tax bill, so I don't or can't listen to him. Nice try though.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2007, 07:40 PM
    I just came across the thread. As far as I am concerned President Bush has done nothing good for his country, for his people and for others around the world. It is nothing but blood on his hands and it is the american policies that caused wars from other countries to be brought on their own soil.

It is too bad the president has no regard for life and try to hide behind his so called beliefs and christianity.

Bush is a dumb a@@ AND a lot more and it took the american people 6 years to figure this out.

Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

De George Syndrome [ 11 Answers ]

I am a psychotherapist who has a patient who has been diagnosed with "De George Syndrome". I am looking for information concerning the symptoms and the management as well as prognosis of the syndrome.

George Bush took YOUR Habeas Corpus rights [ 13 Answers ]

Hello: Recently, the Appeals Court approved the loss of YOUR Habeas Corpus rights. That's right, I said YOURS. Hold on, excon, you say. The habeas corpus rights that were taken away, were taken away from foreigners who are held in foreign prisons. YOU and I, excon, still have OUR habeas...

Bush tv/hello [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I'm new to this everyone.need help got a new remote for my combi bush TV model 145 does anyone have the remode codes for me please

Bush TV [ 2 Answers ]

I have a bush TV given to me, and have lost the manual so can not set the channels properly. The model is BUSH 2878 NTXSIL Please can anyone help me? I have set the dvd player to the TV set by scart but can not set my sky to it. The channels do not set for some reason. The arial is perfectly...

View more questions Search