Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2007, 06:19 PM
    Industrial Ear Piercing
    Ok I got my industrial done about 4 days ago. After the guy pierced it he sent me on my merry way and didn't give me any aftercare instructions. Can someone who has had this done and it has healed nicely for them give me some advice? Also, on an average how long does it take this piercing to heal? Or at least for the pain to start to subside?
    abbi-melissa Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2007, 08:05 AM
    I had and industrial ear piercing about 18 months ago and I thought the pain would never end a friend of mine has peircings all over his body and he gave me all the advice he could give on industrial ear piercings and to be honest there's not that much to worry about, yer they hurt like hell but after about 2 weeks the pain had pretty much completely gone, even if I knocked it. For the pain of mine I just took ibuprofen whenever it hurt, did me just fine, it still tingled all the time but the pain disapeered for a few hours at a time, giving me a break. Hope yours goes OK. abbi-melissa xx p.s if your scared of infection use a cotton bud and hot salty water or surgical spirits to wash around the pierced area xx
    IndustGirlz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2007, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    Ok I got my industrial done about 4 days ago. After the guy pierced it he sent me on my merry way and didnt give me any aftercare instructions. Can someone who has had this done and it has healed nicely for them give me some advice? Also, on an average how long does it take this piercing to heal? Or at least for the pain to start to subside?

Okay Since you got it done and your piercer has never given you anything,that is a sighn not to use that person again.My advice is that you get Bacctine and sea salt.Everymorning spray with vaccine then get a q-tip or cotton ball bet it and put sea-salt on it.Then rub it around the holes.Or you can just use the Bacctine.But you can all buy it in the store!
    Good Luck
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2007, 05:10 PM
    What is an industrial ear piercing?
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2007, 09:45 PM
    This is an IndustrialName:  industrial.jpg
Views: 127930
Size:  24.9 KB
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Jun 26, 2007, 11:04 PM
    "That kind of piercing can take a week to heal. just keep the area clean, and try not to handle it too much." My girlfriend is a state of Florida licensed body piercer. Looking at the photo, I'd say you are doing the right thing so far.
    twilightschild Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2007, 05:06 PM
    Simple, keep it clean with salt and water, and for the pain take a painkiller. And I hope it feels better soon! :D
    bigdreamer85 Posts: 44, Reputation: 5

Jul 11, 2007, 06:41 AM
    OK for all of you with this piercing, my ex boyfriend- who is a tattoo/piercing junkie, had this and now he has like an elf ear, it malformed his ear. So watch it. It is a cool one though!! He also had his nape done which was cool too!
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Jul 11, 2007, 02:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdreamer85
    ok for all of you with this piercing, my ex boyfriend- who is a tattoo/piercing junkie, had this and now he has like an elf ear, it malformed his ear. So watch it. It is a cool one though!!!! He also had his nape done which was cool too!

Sounds like his jewelry is too short. Try getting a longer post, or, re pierce one of the holes so that the existing jewelry works...
    Lana18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 08:02 PM
    I have mine done and it takes 4 mounths to FULLY heal over
    Take a small dish which your ear can fit in and fill it with warm water add some natural salt and soak your ear for fifteen minutes that should do it
    It worked for me just don't add too much salt or your ear will dry out
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2008, 08:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana18
    I have mine done and it tkaes 4 mounths to FULLY heal over
    take a small dish which your ear can fit in and fill it with warm water add in some natural salt and soak your ear for fifteen minutes that should do it
    it worked for me just dont add too much salt or your ear will dry out
    Thanks for your input hun!

I posted this question quite a long time ago. It made me so mad that I didn't get the proper aftercare advice that I needed, so I decided learn the techniques and aftercare involved with all piercings. Now I'm looking for a piercing apprenticeship!

I'm glad I know all that I know about piercing, now I'll never have to question whether what I'm doing is right or not. :p

Good luck in the future with your industrial. Its an awesome piercing to have! :)
    Volpp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 04:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    Ok I got my industrial done about 4 days ago. After the guy pierced it he sent me on my merry way and didnt give me any aftercare instructions. Can someone who has had this done and it has healed nicely for them give me some advice? Also, on an average how long does it take this piercing to heal? Or at least for the pain to start to subside?
    So I just got my "industrial" done today... so I'm not an expert but I have 5 other piercings and they've healed really good before the time the shop said it would. But the place I went to said NOT to use Bactine or anything like that on it. They told me to use Dell Foam Soap. And not to submerge it under any kind of water (no chlorine or salt water). I also noticed that for your fourth day you have a bar in your ear. Did they put that in the day you received the piercing? My place did not do that. What they said is that if they do that it will not heal correctly or pretty much at all because of the tension of the bar pulling your ear together. They gave me to rings in each hole for right now until 3 or 4 months and then it should be healed. So I suggest that you go back and get rings put in. My pain has already stopped after a couple of hours but I still can't move the rings. Im sorry I can't be more help. The place I went to is called Altered Image Tattoo and they were really good. Their number is 1-317-871-1111 if you would like to call them.
    georgewindsor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2008, 11:10 AM

Hi, I got my industrial done.
    And basically wash it with sea salt for about 2 wekks then leave it or else your ear will dry up.
    Then wash it again, after you keep washing it, mouistorise it to stop it becoming dry.
    The pain? well I've had mine done about 2 weeks and the pain is still a little bit there, I find that the pain eases each day.
    Just got to be patient
    Gws
    Foofighter Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jan 1, 2009, 04:04 PM

Well usually piercing places don't bother with aftercare solution. Its just a waste of money. Water and salt works just as good. About a 3rd of a cup full of water and a tea spoon of salt. It works wonders! Also the industrial piercing is one of the sorest, and longest healing piercing to get. It can takes months to fully heal. But if you cledan it on a regular basis it should heal perfectly fine. Enjoy your piercing!
    longwood0813 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2009, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420 View Post

I got my industrial done aboutttt 2 to 3 weeks ago... it hurt for about a week, swelling and tenderness last for about 2 weeks but it will be extremely sensitive until its fully healed. Sleeping on it will be hard until it stops hurting. Im a quick healer so I can already sleep on mine. Just wash it at least twice a day with antibiacterial soap and do salt soaks when it hurts a lot. It will soothe the pain. After about 2 months you can change the ring but it won't be fully healed until about 6-12 months. Depending on how fast you heal. Healing times will vary (given most of my piercings heal in about 2 months). Just be careful with it, they get infected easily.
    Jessica9089 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2009, 09:49 PM
    Ok, so I got this piercing about a week ago and I went to a professional piercer that toold me to NEVER use salt, neosporin, alcohol, or ANYTHING other than some soap and water. Using anything else can make the healing process take longer. Here's exactly what he told me to do:
    -Wash it with soap and water ONLY in the shower (it's cleanest so you avoid infection
    -Rotate the jewelry under water after you've rinsed the soap off and got rid of crust and blood
    -squeeze it just in case any pus has formed
    -leave it directly under the running water for a minute or two
    Hope I helped :)
    Heather_716 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2010, 06:53 AM
    I got my piercing done a month ago and I love it. It has only been recently that I am able to clean it without pain, and last night was the first time I slept on it without discomfort. If you have long hair, keep it pinned back away from the barbell, and try to avoid catching or knocking it off clothes or phones. I used clear, unscented antibacterial soap and water to clean it, and then I applied lavender essential oil. It helped A LOT because it is antibacterial and antiseptic - and it provided the lubrication to my barbell to slide for cleaning.
    Gothchick Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2010, 08:21 PM
    My piercer told me to do a sea salt soak twice a day and clean it with bactine. I took ibuprofen every six hours for the swelling and pain. I also used an ice pack which helped a lot with the swelling and pain. I aS told it could take up to a year to fully heal. I ended up having to get a shorter barbell and downsize from a 14g to a 16g because I have tiny ears and it wasn't adjusting well to the larger gauge. Hope this helps.
    lillszx3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2010, 05:59 PM
    I got my piercing today. Its kind of low. I don't know if I should go to another place and ask them to fix it - see if they can make a hole and bring it up or if I should just leave it.
    Some people say its too low and some say its all right.
    I don't know what to do.
    Gothchick Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2010, 09:40 PM
    lillszx3:

If you think it is to low I would go back and talk to your piercer about fixing it. I just had mine fixed because my second hole was pierced through the skin and not the cartilage. Every time it got snagged I was afraid it was going to rip out because there wasn't much skin holding it there. I went back to my piercer and he explained the reason for doing that. He repierced it for me through the cartilage and it looks much better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Piercing [ 25 Answers ]

Lately Ive been wanting a lip ring My parents are very strict about facial piercings but I wanted to know if it's a good idea or a bad one for a 13 year old with a lip ring

Self-piercing [ 18 Answers ]

Within the last year I have pierced a second hole in each of my ears 3 separate times, each time purposefully letting them heal. I have also pierced my belly button twice and let it heal as well. I make sure to sterilize everything, and I've never had any problems with infections or anything like...

Tongue piercing [ 11 Answers ]

How do I conniving my parents to let me have a tongue piercing?

The first and second industrial revolutions in Canada [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone give me any info or links regarding how the first two industrial revolutions affected Canada? I've been looking forever, but can't find anything.

View more questions Search