Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dtcandelaria Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2007, 04:08 PM
    Annual to monthly payroll computation
    Hi,

I'm applying for a job and the offer is 50K/year. How do I convert it to monthly gross ?

Thanks,
    Dinah Candelaria
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 15, 2007, 06:41 PM
    Divide it by 12, ( 12 months in a year)

There is 52 weeks, so you divide it by 52 to get your weekly amount
    sailfish014 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2010, 11:46 PM
    Hi...

Do you divide it by 26 for a 6-day-work-week to get the daily salary or do you divide it by the actual number of working days (given that there are months like February and there are months ending on the 31st)?

Ken
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Aug 6, 2010, 06:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sailfish014 View Post
    Hi...

Do you divide it by 26 for a 6-day-work-week to get the daily salary or do you divide it by the actual number of working days (given that there are months like February and there are months ending on the 31st)?

Ken
    Ken,

If your work week is 6 days a week you would take 52 weeks x 6 for a total of 312 days. Divide the 50,000 by 312 and you will get a daily rate of 160.26.

If you want a monthly rate you would simply divide the 50,000 by 12 months for a total of 4166.67.

Shirley
    sailfish014 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2011, 09:00 AM

Thanks Shirley!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monthly cost [ 2 Answers ]

Suppose that your monthly cost for a telephone service is $24.95 plus $.0035 per minute of long distance. Let t represent the time (in minute) that you talk on the phone long distance and M(t) represent the cost in $ as a function of long distance minutes. a. Write a formula, use the function...

Early monthly [ 2 Answers ]

My period is 19 days early could I be pregnancy

Early monthly [ 2 Answers ]

My period is 19 days early not sure why Im usually onetime with my monthly. I do not think I could pregnant

Payroll and payroll taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I'm completing a project for a high school accounting class. I need to know how to journalize the payment of payroll. I also need to know how to journalize the payment of the payroll taxes.

Monthly period [ 6 Answers ]

I have irregular income monthly period. Sometimes my monthly period would come like in January and then come in march. And my period would come sometimes later then my time of schedule. What should I do to control my time of period.

View more questions Search