Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lene03 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2007, 01:33 PM
    Hair dying and relaxers
    Can I relax ny hair and put a dye rinse in all in the same setting?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 15, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Hair relaxers are very strong and I would caution doing it all at the same time. I have made mistakes over the years with my hair and learned from experience that over processing will destroy hair follicles and make natural hair (once it grows in again) very weak in texture then it takes so long to get lovely hair back in shape.

I really can't say what time you should use, but possibly the information on the hair relaxer will let you know cautionary procedures to follow.

Hope this helps and good luck, lene03 !
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jun 15, 2007, 04:05 PM
    Yes, you can use a temporary and semi-permanent hair color. A temporary or semi-permanent color is great for relaxed and color-treated hair. If you want to use a permanent hair color, I recommend that you wait at least 2 or 3 weeks after applying a relaxer. If possible, try to get your hair professionally done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Redye hair after dying it [ 1 Answers ]

I highlighted my hair 24 hours ago but the color is too brassy red. When can I dye my hair again without damaging it? What products should I use for the redying of my hair so I don't damage my long hair? Need to correct hair color ASAP:confused:

Dying hair red [ 2 Answers ]

I am a big fan of Grey's Anatomy and I love Kate Walsh's red hair. My hair is a medium brown and I do have some black spots from when I dyed my hair black over a year ago. Someone told me I would probably have to cut my hair to where the black is, but I do not want to cut it. I also want it to turn...

Hair dying trouble! [ 1 Answers ]

I had stripped all color out of my hair because it was black to dye it to a light brown, hoping to get my natural color, that went fine and I had no problems, but when my roots grew, I hadn't picked the right shade exactly. I waited a little and dyed my hair a little darker, or so I thought. The...

Dying hair with highlights [ 1 Answers ]

I have med/dark brown hair with blonde highlights. I would like to colour my hair all over in a very dark brown at home. Would the blonde hightlighs go green or will they cover OK.

Hair dying [ 2 Answers ]

My hair is naturally blonde and I decided to dye it slightly darker so it was a dark blonde/light brownish. I used a non-permanent dye that said it would wash out in 28 shampoos. I decided I really missed my blonde hair and got more non-permanent blonde hair dye. It didn't really work, my hair is...

View more questions Search