Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fastarow Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 11:55 PM
    Sunken tub
    I'm ready to build a sunken tub like I had as a kid in my country,, now 4inch slab entire bathroom has floor removed 8feet by six feet, will place 2by 6 by 60inch as a temp boarding for the pour.. top of board flush w/floor surface so floor of tub will be 5 and half deep... sides will be under slab 12inch side ways and suported by 3 on each side five eigths threaded rods. This is for shower only 60 by 32 in Rest of floor will be at same level as rest of floor .question is should I place the drain mat under slab? To connect to drain lower portion it will be a 4inch slab..? concrete absorbs water...
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Jun 15, 2007, 04:18 PM
    The Water Proofing Mat Needs To Be Ontop Of The Slab Unless Your Not Putting Tile Over Top Of Your Concrete Slab.
    If Your Just Doing A Slab And It Will Be Your Finished Floor Then Lay The Mat Underneath Your Slab
    fastarow Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2007, 12:22 AM
    Thks I think that way too , to lay the liner under slab,, like a vapour barrier ,but I'm not sure if I have to connect the liner to the lowr part of drain ,in case there is water seepage of 4inches penetration..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing old tub with claw foot tub on a slab [ 6 Answers ]

I'm thinking of replacing an old tub (american standard recessed tub) with a new claw foot tub. The only part I think I may have trouble with is connecting the drain. I don't think the drain line in the floor will be where it needs to be for the new tub. I am on a slab and wonder how they set...

Sunken sand bottom [ 1 Answers ]

We had a 24' round pool installed less than a month ago. The ground was damp when it was installed, but was tamped down well and we were assured that the only problem we would have is footprints from the installer putting in the liner. A layer of a sand mixture was put down over the dirt. We...

Tub drain is an inch offset from old tub [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a new tub and the drain opening is an inch closer to the rear wall than the old tub. My problem is the PVC piping for the drain is also an inch off whereby the overflow/drain vertical pipe doesn't quite match up with the drain pipe. I bought an overflow/drain connection kit from Home...

Replace Sunken Tub with New Tub & Surround [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 34 year-old tiled concrete sunken roman tub that's too ratty to even think about soaking in. Besides that, the stopper's gone and the whole thing needs to be updated. It's currently being used as a step-down shower. Some dimensions: Length 57", Width 27 1/4", Depth 11"(only 6" after I...

Replacing sunken tub with shower [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have removed a sunken tub from a rancher built on a slab. There is a 6 inch well which allowed the sunken tub. I am putting in a barrier free prefab shower base. The shower base will take up the same area as the old tub, but the special purchase shower base has the drain in the centre...

View more questions Search