Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stonehenge541 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 09:03 PM
    Having a friend pierce my ear?
    My friend said if I let her do it she would use a safety pin... I figured if we steralized the pin it would be okay. I would most likely get a ring or a stud put in... what do y'all think?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2007, 09:07 PM
    Safety pins, sewing needles, stick pins have nickel in them and this can cause allergic reactions , causing the site to turn red and ooze with infection. Think twice about this one.
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Jun 17, 2007, 12:25 PM
    If you're worried about the cost, ear piercings aren't too expensive. Find a respectable booth in the mall or a Claire's. They usually have deals where if you buy the earrings, the piercing itself is free.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2007, 12:27 PM
    Speaking from personal experience, DO NOT get pierced by anyone that's not a professional. I pierced my own nose and it got more infected than I've ever seen a piercing get. Always use a professional! :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 17, 2007, 12:31 PM
    Very dangerous to try this. Without an autoclave you cannot achieve sterilization, therefore you run the huge risk of infection.
    rockstar567 Posts: 77, Reputation: 2

Jun 17, 2007, 12:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonehenge541
    My friend said if I let her do it she would use a safety pin...I figured if we steralized the pin it would be okay. I would most likely get a ring or a stud put in...what do y'all think?
    If I were you I wouldn't do that. Because what if you don't like what it looks like after you have 2 wait till your ear closes up again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I pierce my navel myself because of a broken promise? [ 6 Answers ]

I've been begging my mom for a belly button piercing since I was 4 1/2 years old. My mom FINALLY said yes after 8 1/2 years (I'm now 13). My mom did something that she shouldn't have and it hurt my mentally VERY bad. She just said, "Kirsten, I'll make it up to you, and take you to get your belly...

Friend makes fun of friend [ 15 Answers ]

My friend is always asking why we never hang out anymore.. He tells people that I ignore him. Well is this a good reason? Every time I'm around him or I talk to him he always brings up one of my flaws. He always makes fun of me about it and jokes about it. All my life I was teased about this yet he...

Belly button.pierce? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi!! I was wondering WHERE I can get my belly button pierced... and if I need a parent to go with me... bc I'm 16 and I have a sister whose 20... so... do I need a parent to be there? Thank you!! :D

How to self-pierce? Does ithurt, what to use? [ 1 Answers ]

I have read about people piercing thereself and I have a question. I have never pierced myself and I would not want to but I do have a question.. How would you numb your ear if you pierce it and is it painful. My aunt pierced a lot of the famlies ears but I am not sure what she used to pierce it...

Hoe do I pierce my belly button myself [ 3 Answers ]

OK so my boyfriend is going to pierce my belly for me I was wondering how much skin should be pierce?

View more questions Search