Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mslish Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Skin pigmentation
    According to Darwin, why is the area around the anus, scrotum, vulva, and nipples darker than the skin on the rest of the body
    mslish Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 07:20 PM
    Don't know the answer
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2007, 08:28 PM
    Melanin. The scrotum and vulva and anus have areas of thickened and wrinkled skin folds-so the skin may appear darker-good question though. The nipples colouration I think has more to do with the type of erectile tissue rather than standard breast tissue.
    sovaira Posts: 271, Reputation: 10

Jul 11, 2007, 12:43 AM
    x-ray man is right
    But there can be many other reasons as well
    As the skin has got more melanin than the other parts of skin and ,oreover these areas are delicate too so more melanin gives better prtotection

Other reason can be that the areola (skin around nipples) are bit dark and softer than other skin as well, this is a gift from nature for the suckings so that they can sucj well and easily if this part was hard and tuff imagine how babies could suck milk.

Another things might be , its sensitivity and softer texture as the anatomy of the skin here differs from that of the other skin .due to more suply of blood when required.

As far as anal section is concerned I think it got sphincters that varies in softness and hardness as well depending on the function performed at the time of excretion or...

I hope it helped.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pigmentation problem [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My face color is dark than my body color which is fair. My neck is fair and it looks weird when I see my face dark. I have pigmentation near checks and lips. They are not bad but yes quiet visible. I am using Pond's face wash and U.V AVO sunscreen cream. Please do suggest me something good...

Pigmentation on the face [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I need some help from anybody who has pigmentation marks, I was considering buying Civant Skincare/Meladerm from the USA for skin lightening. I have a dark patch over my lip and on my cheeks brought on from taking the pill and sun. I have just finished having face peels and sets of blue and red...

View more questions Search