Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Akia Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 04:43 PM
    Third Party Collections
    My son received a settlement offer from a collection agency for half of a balance due to Verizon that was already paid to GTE the original phone company. GTE sent it to collection and I paid it. So it was on my son's credit report for 7 years as late but paid. Now 7 years later another agency is trying to collect. The problem is this... I purged everything just this year for the 1990's. How can I prove payment? Help.

Akia
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2007, 03:50 AM
    The Statute of Limitation is most like up, they them to prove there claim in writing, never speak to them on the phone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collections [ 4 Answers ]

In md what is the worst that a collection agency do to you when you have a judgement against you and you don't have money to pay them ,or you are paying them what you can What is the worst that can happen,

Because collections [ 2 Answers ]

What is the longest that a debt collector has to collect on a loan in BC? What kinds of bearing does the statute of limitations have on this?

Collections [ 1 Answers ]

What is the main difference between associative arrays and nested tables How to choose in pl/sql program Satya:)

Collections [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Utah. I have a hospital debt that is large enough that I cannot pay what the hospital wants me to pay each month and they have advised me that it will go to a collection agency. My Question is: "If i make the monthly payments i can afford to the collection agency, can they still...

View more questions Search