Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ProfScwentz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 04:34 PM
    Complications with my marriage
    Hello all, I need help!

Well to start things off, I'm in the Marine Corps and I was stationed in Okinawa Japan for the past 2 years, and I've been married for 8 months, and I'm 21 years of age. I was dating a very nice, beautiful, christian girl before I went over there. When I got there, I met someone else. This someone else ended up wooing me. We started a physical relationship that lasted until we got married. I still feel horrible about ending things with my ex. And here's another complication. My wife is going to be giving birth to our son in 2 months. I believe I'm still in love with my ex. I've contacted her via instant messaging and she says she's still in love with me. My marriage right now is on the rocks, and I'm misserable and unhappy. I want to lead a life of happiness. I've tried getting advice from my mother, but she and my stepfather are doing nothing but preaching to me saying I should get back in church and everything will get better. I believe I have already emotionally left my wife. It's hard for me to tell her that I love her, because I feel that I don't. I sometimes feel like I never fell in love with her at all. I believe we stayed together because we were in japan without our families.
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Jun 14, 2007, 05:02 PM
    Hello ProfScwentz

Don't give up on your marrige yet. Many of us have wanted the greener grass on the other side of the fence. Its normal to feel like your marriage is going down hill because it is in some ways. Your hitting the part of any marriage where the excitement is gone and reality is taking over. What you need to do is bring back in the spark. Make the marriage you have fun and exciting. Its some work but once you learn to make what you have fun and exciting your going to have a fantastic life. Your kids will grow up in a home with Love and excitement. Your days will be filled with wanting to make each other happy. Once your back on that road you will find out all the reasons you married your wife.

Good Luck
    Dennis777
    jimswife Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfScwentz
    Hello all, I need help!

Well to start things off, i'm in the Marine Corps and i was stationed in Okinawa Japan for the past 2 years, and i've been married for 8 months, and i'm 21 years of age. I was dating a very nice, beautiful, christian girl before i went over there. When i got there, i met someone else. This someone else ended up wooing me. We started a physical relationship that lasted until we got married. I still feel horrible about ending things with my ex. And here's another complication. My wife is going to be giving birth to our son in 2 months. I believe i'm still in love with my ex. I've contacted her via instant messaging and she says she's still in love with me. My marraige right now is on the rocks, and i'm misserable and unhappy. I want to lead a life of happiness. I've tried getting advice from my mother, but she and my stepfather are doing nothing but preaching to me saying i should get back in church and everything will get better. I believe i have already emotionally left my wife. It's hard for me to tell her that i love her, because i feel that i don't. I sometimes feel like i never fell in love with her at all. I believe we stayed together because we were in japan without our families.
    Marine
    Oh Boy! What a mess. You should not make any hasty decissions. You have a baby on the way. Don't jump the gun. Give yourself some breathing time. If you were so much in love with your ex would you have gone as far as to marry someone else. Pray on it a while.
    Good Luck with what ever you decide. Jims Wife

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Liability for abortion complications [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. A woman has an abortion. Afterward she has an infection which forces her to be taken to the hospital. She now owes $2500 in doctor bills, and is threatening to sue the baby's father for these bills. Is there any liability on the part of the baby's father, assuming that they are not...

17 and having a lot of complications [ 12 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for a year now, I am 17 and he is 23. He gets along well with all of my family as well as I do his. Something that I have always wanted to do was get pregnant and start an early family. Although it has always been a very difficult task for me to accomplish, With my...

Complications with eyelid surgery - PUG [ 2 Answers ]

Hello My Abby had surgery done on her eyelid 8 days ago. She has only one stitch in her lower eyelid. Today she found a way to get out of Elizabethan collar, and rub her eyelid. It's now very swollen. Currently she is on oral and topical antibiotics. Does anyone know what I should expect at...

Marriage [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend had just been refused entry into the UK from Trinidad. The Immigration are not staified about her intension because she had her CV, College cert. with her. We have been dating for over a year. Can She appeal against the decision? Also what are the legal requirements to get married in...

Complications of whole cell pertussis vaccination [ 1 Answers ]

What are the complications of whole cell pertusis vaccination in 15 year old teenager?

View more questions Search