Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeni4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 03:39 PM
    Differential Setting
    I have a Maple/Chase Thermostat unit. The instruction manual was not left with the house when I purchased it. I want to know what differential means as the last instruction indicates in the set time/day/differential section. What does "set the temperature differential" mean? It was at 2 and I left it there. Does that mean the temperature in the house can go up 2 degrees before the A/C comes on again? Doesn't that mean it works harder to get it back to the temperature desired? If I set the temp @ 78, and really don't want the A/C to be going on and off - what should I set the differential at??

Help... don't want to use this and have it "work hard" thereby running up my bill.

Thank you.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 14, 2007, 04:29 PM
    Model number of your thermostat?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Optimization (Differential?) [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am working on an assignment for University and I don't seem to be getting anywhere. The question states that a company charges 200$ for each order of 150 or fewer shares. The cost to the buyer on every share is reduced by 1$ for each order in excess of 150. For what size order is the...

Effects of differential setting on FHW system/boiler [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to set the controller where the boiler will cycle longer and supply more heat. It has been very cold the past few days, but regardless, I have short cycling of a few seconds - to running for five to ten minutes (5-10) at a time. It seems to run about 50% of the time. I have the...

How works a differential radioassay [ 1 Answers ]

Please could someone explain to me or give me www-links where is explained what exactly a differential radioassay is an how it works. Thanks in advance Stephan

View more questions Search