Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by puglover70
    Ok, I would like to state one more time that I have no concern for doing anything about being fired. I was already looking for other employment. I am glad to not be working for UT medical group any longer. I simply asked that if I wanted to pursue going after Walgreens because they gave out my personal information, what was the statute of limitations. Also, I have suffered. My life at work was hell, I had to change pharmacy's, and I didn't feel comfortable going to the doctor any longer. I had to change my OB/GYN that I had been going to for 7 yrs. I already suffer from anxiety and this situation has not helped. I am not searching for money, I just want to question why nothing will be done when my HIPPA has BEEN violated. I work in the medical field and everyone is sooooo worried about being HIPPA compliant. I have to ask what does it matter if no one wants to enforce it?
    You have to turn them into hippa, they will decide if they do anything or not, depending on what they say you can ask for another review. My neighbor is going through the same thing.. and they are just giving her the run around. The hosptial faxed her medical records to a ladys house were she was seriously injured along with and and social security#. The ladys insurancer adjuster told my neighbor about, because when the lady sent them to him he would not look at them until she came in to his office and signed a release. I don't know who is in charge of hippa maybe someone else knows.
    puglover70 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jun 21, 2007, 01:49 PM
    I contacted the local office here in Memphis. He said that he called the pharmacy in question and no one knew anything about it. He did not do anything other than that. Thanks for the number.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hippa Violation Or Privacy Law Violation? [ 16 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend got me pregnant and left me at four months. I have many physical problems and he had his friend who is a pharmicist look up my perscriptions (I live 40 miles away from that store location and have never been there) and then the pharmacisit shared all the information. Can I do...

HIPPA violations [ 2 Answers ]

I am writing on behalf of my boyfriend. He checked himself into the hospital for alcohol detox. He was later transferred to another facility because the first facility did not have overnight accommodations for detox. Meanwhile he was assured of patient confidentiality. At that facility one of...

Is this a hippa violation [ 6 Answers ]

My 18 yr old daughter who still lives at home was taken to a doctor by two other family members without our knowledge. My daughter did not have a copy of the insurance card but someone somehow got the info because a claim has been filed for the visit. After the family members that took my daughter...

Hippa Violation or Defamation [ 7 Answers ]

I work in Pennsylvania. I called my employer after work to tell him that I needed to take some time off to seek professional help for alcohol abuse. I said he understood and to do whatever I need to do. He was the only person I told. I went to a rehab and was released after 3 days due to lack of...

Transaction on Online Pharmacy [ 1 Answers ]

HI Everybody, I want to purchase prescription drugs through online pharmacy site. During purchasing Pharmacy site needs Visa, MasterCard, credit card, Discover, and a variety of third-party insurance plans. But the problem is that How do I know my information is secure? Will the online...

View more questions Search