Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JerryGrandin Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jun 14, 2007, 11:14 AM
    Working for ABC, CBS, etc.
    Besides knowing someone, which I don't, how do I get a job in television? I've been applying to CBS, Fox 5, etc. on their websites, but don't receive any acknowledgment. They don't accept phone calls. I'm a great candidate for the positions that I've applied for, but nothing. Months of nothing. I can't even find a temp agency that works for any networks. Any suggestions? I'm looking to work in the news archives room. And yes, I've tried smaller affilliates, with the same outcome.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2007, 01:12 AM
    There is nothing like the "personal touch" when looking for a job. I would forget about the online application thing. It is so impersonal. I would suggest showing up at a station and giving them your application information personally. It shows that you mean business and have tenacity. I once knew a teacher who knew of a job opening at a school and personally went and gave his application and credentials to the office. The principal was so impressed with his approach, that the guy got the job.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 21, 2007, 02:47 AM
    Most of the "networks" are just that groups of affiliates or independent stations who belong to the network, So if you want to get into the business,

So you get lists of stations mail resumes, follow up with the resumes with letters. Next see about getting any job in their, and then work toward the job you want. I have a friend, who started with a very very small radio station, and moved to a larger radio station, and moved to a smaller TV station, and moved to a larger one, and was in the Dallas area, but has now moved to the St. Louis area I beleve. ( we lost track of each other along the years)

A lot of them hire though limited sources and you have to find out, see about talking to someone working there, ask them best way to get your foot in the door,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Simple costing and ABC [ 4 Answers ]

Baker's delight (BD) has been in the food processing business three years. For its first two years (2005 and 2006), its sole product was raisin cake. All cakes were manufactured and packaged in one-pound boxes. BD used a normal costing system. The two direct-cost categories were direct materials...

ABC Allocation cost [ 1 Answers ]

Some firms have a lot of fixed costs and few variable costs, while other firms are configured the other way around. What effect do you think the existence of a high proportion of fixed costs has on the desirability of using ABC methods?

Need abc help to format hard drive [ 15 Answers ]

My PC will not start windows. I have had my PC checked and the verdict is format the hard drive. My ops is windows xp Any advice to get me started would be appreciated

View more questions Search