RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Zhelatin.ch worm
    I've done full system scan with

AVG Anti-Spyware
    Microsoft Malware Finder
    AVG Anti-Virus, and
    Spybot and I get a clean bill of health from all of them, but a little freebie called Malware Sweeper finds

Zhelatin.ch

I tell it to delete and it says it did but it does not.

Googling it tells me it's a worm. Why do you think the big name programs don't find it? Should I worry? I hate editing the registry like a couple sites suggest for removal of it...

Any suggestions/opinions?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2007, 09:34 AM
    Viruslist.com - Email-Worm.Win32.Zhelatin.ch

I would indeed follow the directions on that page. But then I am comfortable editing the Registry.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 14, 2007, 09:36 AM
    As NK's link suggests the signature for the malware sweeper maybe picking up the reg key involved.
    This would explain why the others missed it.

Did you find any of the mentioned files?

If not I wouldn't worry about it.
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2007, 09:38 AM
    Need, will you look at those instructions to affirm for me if it's correct and easy enough to do correctly and not screw up my reg?

I'm still very curious - and a bit concerned - over why AVG does not find it. I thought AVG was one of the best.
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2007, 09:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    As NK's link suggests the signature for the malware sweeper maybe picking up the reg key involved.
    This would explain why the others missed it.

Did you find any of the mentioned files ??

If not I wouldn't worry about it.
    I THINK I understand what you're saying. I'll run it again and look closer at/for the file.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2007, 09:42 AM
    Rick,
    Did you want me to pop over to your place?

:)
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2007, 09:45 AM
    Sure! I've got cold Bud in the fridge too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Worm Pills [ 1 Answers ]

From a PM: ''Hay how are you? I just wanted to ask you a quick question. I have three dogs. A cat, 2 fish, so meds for all them can get expensive (not to mention the food) but I am sure you know this. Question do you think it is safe to order meds online for them? The last time I ordered they were...

Worm in puppies [ 2 Answers ]

My puppy is a 18 week old mix Australian sheppard, and he has roundworms - first sign on Sunday. I brought him to the vets for a deworming on Monday 8am, and he also got his first vaccine, so since Sunday he will not eat a thing. He is lethargic and vomits about once every two hours (few worms),...

W32.Welchia.Worm [ 1 Answers ]

Have W32.Welchia.Worm in my Presario 715us Laptop. Norton can't remove or Quarantine it. The only people I know that can help are on vacation. I went to http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.welchia.worm.html#removalinstructions But the instructions seem too difficult for...

Sasser.B.Worm [ 3 Answers ]

Was recently infected by Sasser.B.Worm virus. I loaded the Microsoft patch and the Norton Anti-Virus correction tool. Norton now says that their scan does not detect the virus. Part of Norton's instrcutions was to use their software to quarantine the infected files, which I did. ...

Puppy worm medication [ 2 Answers ]

How often should you give worm medication to a 4 to 5 lb toy rat terrier that is 6 months old? ::)

View more questions Search