Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alionline83 Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Jun 14, 2007, 08:13 AM
    PC crashing randomly, P4 2.66 ghz Pentium D
    PC Crashing, I got Pentium D 2.66ghz 80gb hard disk, 512 ram (all good I mean) some months back. Now it crashes occasionally and unlike usual system crashes it doesnot restart. Monitor says no signal and computer is not restarted andi cannot turn it on with its power button. The only solution is to turn the main switch off and then turn it on again, this makes it restart with scan disk in the beginning. I ran all the tools I knew to keep it running smoothly. I have stabilizer and my two pcs runs on it (one at a time) this crashing doesnot happen with my other system. Please help me out I am worried about my brand new PC

Regards
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2007, 08:19 AM
    Sounds like a bad power supply if it won't restart normally. If it's new take it back and they will fix it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dear Pentium experts [ 1 Answers ]

Based on Pentium IV a. List the cache architecture utilized by the processor. b. Is the Cache a Harvardarchitecture? c. What is the size of the caches? d.What is the cache mapping scheme utilized? e. What is the size a block/set of the cache? Thank you

Brand new Pentium D with problems :( [ 11 Answers ]

Hi all, I just received a gift of Pentium D 2.66 Ghz. I have problems running it. When I play song and copy a file from CD, song becomes very very jerky and copy process is too slow. Why is this with new computer? I am using Pentium 4 2.8 ghz, it works great Alhamdulillah but why can't the new...

Pentium 3 processor [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a laptop and I want to know update the pentium 3 processor to a faster one. It now has the Pentium 3 -M featuring Enhanced Intel SpeedStep technology at 1.33GHz - 512KB Level 2 Cache integrated on die - 133MHz. But I was wondering what it would take to put a new processor in?

Pentium 4 mobile processor [ 1 Answers ]

Can a normal pentium mobile processor run on a 478 socket motherboard

Explorer crashing [ 6 Answers ]

My problem is similar to this one :https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/archive/t-1281.html Internet Explorer when launched opens its window then promptly shuts down. Also, then Explorer is opened to view any drive, control panel, etc. it too opens then explorer promptly crashes and then restarts. The...

View more questions Search