Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    still49 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 06:03 AM
    Electrical outlet not working
    I have replaced an electrical outlet and it is still not working. What else could be wrong?
    still49 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 06:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by still49
    I have replaced an electrical outlet and it is still not working. What else could be wrong?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2007, 06:17 AM
    The can be a loose connection in the circuit, anywhere from the panel to this outlet, and in either the black (live) or the white (neutral). To find this loose connection,each outlet, junction box, etc, including the panel, will need to be opened looking for a loose screw or splice.

The problem can also be a defective breaker or fuse.

A voltage tester will be needed to troubleshoot this problem and help find which wire is not working properly, and to find where the circuit is working properly. Otherwise finding the problem will be difficult.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2007, 06:58 AM
    Could it be protected by GFI recpticle?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement electrical outlet stopped working [ 3 Answers ]

A basement electrical outlet I use constantly for my fridge & microwave just stopped working all of a sudden. It's not getting any power at all. I've flipped all the breakers on & off because I'm unsure which breaker goes to that outlet but nothing. How am I to make sure the outlet's power will be...

Single electrical outlet not working [ 4 Answers ]

I have one electrical outlet in my house (2 yrs old) that recently stopped working. Its not a gfi and the other outlet in the same room isn't either. (both of these outlets are in the bathroom) but only one doesn't work... I plugged an appliance into it and no juice. I went and bought another...

Electrical Outlet replacement [ 3 Answers ]

I am replacing a GFI electrical outlet that went out in the back of our house. It is hooked up on the line to the outlets in our garage. I am using a Sperry Instruments three pronged electrical circuit tester to test the outlets. The GFI that I replaced is now working properly based on the...

External Electrical Outlet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a external electrical outlet in the front and back patios of my house and neither of them work. What do I need to do to fix this problem?

Electrical outlet outage [ 2 Answers ]

While watching TV last night the outlet went dead. It may have been overloaded. However, when I tested the outlet, the checker indicated that the Hot and ground were reversed. The circuit breaker looks good and I reset it for good measure. How do I go about solving this problem? Thanks, Lloyd.

View more questions Search