Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baby broody Posts: 81, Reputation: 9

Jun 14, 2007, 06:01 AM
    Discharge after sex
    Hi all, this question has probably been asked a million times, rather than swifting through all the questions, is it normal to have a slimy kind of discharge after unprotected sex. Sounds daft I know but we'r trying for baby 2 and I've noticed every time after sex even up until the next mornin there is a lot of egg whity slimy discharge (sorry about detail)even after I wipe myself:confused: . I can't remember how it was with my 1st pregnancy that was unexpected, but I kind of feel all the sperm is probably coming out aswel, hence less chances. I ovulate on Monday 18 June so were storing up spermicides, the more the better the chance.

Sorry if it's a little long to read, but all answers welcome:)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 14, 2007, 07:41 AM
    Your thinking is right on the mark. It is what has "leaked" out. Remember though that it only takes one sperm to make a baby.
    LadyB Posts: 320, Reputation: 42

Jun 14, 2007, 07:55 AM
    Sperm is carried by semen which protects the millions of sperm and is very viscous immediately after ejaculation. Within about 20 minutes the semen sort of "liquifies" to allow the sperm to swim away and up to the fallopian tubes. The part that doesn't swim leaks back out... it has to go somewhere.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2007, 08:16 AM
    Yes.. roughly 50 million sperm are ejaculated from just one healthy sexual session. What you see coming out is exactly as Lady B said, semen, You are getting all the little suckers you can manage, don't worry. If any are coming out, it's the weaker, slower swimmers, and you don't want those anyway. Good Luck!! **Baby Dust**

Jun 14, 2007, 08:45 AM
    Cheers guys great advice, I kind of had an idea but thawt id ask to c if what I thawt made sense
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Jun 14, 2007, 06:32 PM
    I agree with all of the other posters, but I wanted to add that you said you are storing up spermicides for 'o' day. Spermicides kill sperm. If you were talking about holding out and storing up sperm, I get that, but if you are trying to get pregnant, don't use spermicide! Oh, and good luck

Jun 15, 2007, 01:44 AM
    FAO Automansgirl tnx for the answer but by saying spermicides I just meant a lot of sperm, I don't even know what spermicides means or that they killed off the sperm. So how do these spermicides get there anyway?? My ? Mite sound daft considering I've had 1 child but you learn summat all the time and I had no idea spermicides existed
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2007, 05:32 AM
    It is something you have to buy and apply. It's a lubricant or a spray. If you don know what it is, I doubt there is any in your way :) good luck!
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Jun 15, 2007, 07:56 AM
    I figured that was what you meant, but I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew what spermicides are. You never know who will be reading these posts!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brownish discharge without sex [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend best friend has been having a brownsh discharge and it has nothing to do with her period. I have also had brownish discharge but only after my period. Lately I have also have had burning in my vulva area when ever I touch it. I'm 17 and have not been sexually active although I want to...

Bleeding during sex, brownish discharge high stress level [ 1 Answers ]

I am a women 24 year of age. I have been diagnosed with HPV about 4 months ago. I had to have cryo to remove some abnormal cells on my cervics about 3 months ago. I have had only the one abnormal pap 4 months ago. I have been taking the gardasil shots. I started birth control pills about 5 months...

Pregnant/had sex/now discharge/normal? [ 2 Answers ]

I am pregnant I don't know how far along I go to the doctors next week. Well I had sex with my husband 3 nights ago and later on during the next day I started to have a brownish/pinkish color discharge. And I still have it today. I would like to know if this is normal or is this bad? Please help......

View more questions Search