Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    petit lion Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 05:29 AM
    Make a complaint and property law
    Actually I rent a flat since 2 month and I have give a deposit of 100hundred euros.
    The last Thursday night I went to a party in night club and I drink a little bit but not too much and when I'm arrived at my flat I began crazy I broke glasses 2 windows my flatmate didn't manage to stop me there was 5.I didn't remember but my flatmate tell me that its impossible it was only alcool 'cause a lot of things and I was very strong.I have never touch at this!so they supposed than someone has put drugs in my glasses during the party!unfortunately they tell me this on Saturday and I went directly at the hospital but it was too late 2 days after.

So my questions are :
    Can I make a complaint in the garda without blood test?
    For the damage I want to know what do they can do?They keep me the deposit or they can ask me to give money back for all the repared?Isn't there insurance in this case?
    I don't know what's happen in this case in ireland.

Thanks for your help
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 14, 2007, 05:37 AM
    Without proof that you were drugged, you can't bring a cause of action against the night club or the party organizers. Even if you could prove being drugged, you would still have a problem proving who did the drugging and whether the night club or organizers were aware of it.

As for the damage to the flat, you are responsible. The landlords can and probably will bill you for the cost of replacement. If you refuse to pay, they probably would be able to evict you. Insurance is not an issue, even if they have insurance to cover you are still responsible and the insurance company would just turn around and sue you.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2007, 06:11 AM
    Agreed, in general renters insurance does not cover damages you make yourself and has no special provisions for you being under the influence of anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Page property to make all links _blank? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm working on a links page and am trying to save some time... Is there a bit of code I can put on the page so that any links I add are automatically set for the target to be _blank? ... instead of setting the target for each link I add? Thanks!

Intellectual property law [ 1 Answers ]

What is the impact and effect of intellectual property law protection in both developed and developing countries? :confused:

Property Sale/inheritance Law [ 1 Answers ]

My brother, sister and I were raised by our great-aunt. She passed away nearly 10 yrs. Ago. The house and property she lived in at the time is still in her name. My brother has been taking care of upkeep and taxes for all of these years. And it was decided among the 3 of us that the house should be...

View more questions Search