Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dreamingangei38 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 04:46 AM
    Lap band surgery
    Has any one had the lap band surgery? I am interested in getting it, I do have high blood pressure and sleep apnea and found out that my medicare and medicaid will pay for it but only if I have theses health problems and well as my mbi being 38, please help if you have had a lap band and if it works get back with me,
    swirlgirl Posts: 74, Reputation: 14

Sep 28, 2008, 10:48 AM
    Hi, I had the lap band surgery on 9/10/2008... It was the right thing for me... no cutting or re-routing of your internal organs, no deaths so far from them...

Due to my Dr. and his comrades reading my one x-ray incorrectly... I had to have the surgery again right after I woke from the first one! They thought it had "slipped"... when they went back in, it had not... but he made sure that it was secured better... due to this I had to stay overnight... whereas I would have gone home the day before in the early evening!

I am losing weight naturally... I am not hungry and even if I WANTED to eat more... which of course I don't, I could not... my stomach woud not hold it and I would vomit, which really could make the band dislodge and have to go to surgery to correct it.

I do not miss sweets, or fatty foods... I think also I was ready in my mind and heart.. that is really important too... I can watch people eat anything and I do not feel deprived... I love how my thin clothes are fitting me... how men look at me again! I am 55 and want to find a marriage mate... 2 bad marriages... impossible when your fat... I don't care what people say... it is true... most fat married women... got fat after marriage... or a rare, really rare man that likes obese women... few and far between!

I have energy to spare! I feel sexy and look sexy... I have only lost 50 lbs. but plan to lose at least another 50 to 100... being older now and as you age your body shifts... I don't think I would look good as I was at 21 being 118 lbs... if I got to 118 lbs. now... I would look like a skelton!

I did get my bill from the hospital... my insurance agreed to pay... before I knew the billing...

The test the week before the surgery were about $2000.00... I got the rest of the billing submitted to my insurance... NOT INCLUDING THE DR. FEES... It is over, get ready to be shocked! Over $91,000.00.

I would like to know what others paid for their's... Best to you! I know I will lose it now for the rest of my life, hopefully find a man to marry me, to live longer, feel better about myself and to be happier and ready to face each new day God has given me... being slim and trim... Best Regards.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Lap bank surgery [ 3 Answers ]

Has any one had the lap band surgery? I am interested in getting it, I do have high blood pressure and sleep apnea and found out that my medicare and medicaid will pay for it but only if I have theses health problems and well as my mbi being 38, please help if you have had a lap band and if it...

Asking for a Lap Top before accepting a new role. [ 1 Answers ]

I work in the IT industry and the time-frames are challenging. I have recently been offered a six month contract however I do not want to accept this offer unless I am provided with a Lap Top. I have a Lap Top in my curent role and I am able to dial in from home to access the system and work...

Lap top help [ 7 Answers ]

I got this lap top for Christmas and need someone to check it over. I am sending all the info about it. It is "slow". And the username is not mine--how do I change that? What can I put in it to go faster---or take out? Gloria ...

Lap-top monitor renewal [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there: I had a tarffic accident this summer, which basically led to the braking of my lap top. My lap-top is an old Toshiba notebook CDT-620. Does anyone have an idea how much it will cost to get a new monitor? Cheers Marko

Shut down and boot up of lap top [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older IBM Thinkpad 390X running Windows 2000 Professional. For some reason, when I start my computer, it takes several tries of turning it on and off and taking it through several shutdowns before it functions correctly. For example, when I click on my desktop icons, nothing happens - I...

View more questions Search