Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Keegan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2005, 03:40 PM
    Weird brown stuff in sink
    We just bought a house and today when I turned on the cold water tap in the sink, a whole bunch of brown water came out, and then a bunch of small brownish-gray things that were kind of sticky. I had to use soap to get them to wash out of the sink and if you pushed on one, it would smear, like ash or something. Then the water ran clear and everything was fine.

Any idea what this could be? We are on city water.

Thanks!
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Jun 7, 2005, 04:14 PM
    Never found the...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegan
    We just bought a house and today when I turned on the cold water tap in the sink, a whole bunch of brown water came out, and then a bunch of small brownish-gray things that were kind of sticky. I had to use soap to get them to wash out of the sink and if you pushed on one, it would smear, like ash or something. Then the water ran clear and everything was fine.

Any idea what this could be? We are on city water.

Thanks!
    ... exact name of that 'stuff' but always knew to run all faucets (hot and cold) for at least 10 minutes whenever away for a long period or whenever the water was shut off. Do so and know that this is not uncommon and is probably little more than sediment occurring during the time the water pressure was zip (during escrow?).
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2005, 09:16 PM
    If the house set for a while, all sorts of crud may have built up in the water system. With any luck, all it will take is a goiod flushing. Don't be surprised if some of the appliances have problems too. Many of them it may just mean taking apart and cleaning up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medium Reddish Brown to Light Brown [ 3 Answers ]

I had been coloring my hair a medium copper brown for about a year. The last time I colored 3 months ago I used medium gold brown. My hair is less red, but still has red undertones. I would like to go to a light golden brown. Is there anyway I can do this without ending up looking like Bozo? Am...

Need some stuff for my... [ 3 Answers ]

That's me again folks Lol I was wondering if someone could help me because I would to lighten safely my bikini zone and lower U know what I mean ?:D Like I would like to have an even skin tone down there too Please help me if you know good stuff Thanks!:rolleyes:

Weird stuff... [ 5 Answers ]

Hi... My girlfriend and I had unprotected sex recently, and now some weird stuff is going on. She says that there's a liquid that is red, but not the consistancy of blood, coming out of her. This happened a few months ago as well. She's not getting period cramps or anything, so we don't think...

Kitchen Sink/Laundry Sink Drain Vent Non-exist [ 3 Answers ]

The set-up from kitchen sink leading down to drain to basement: 1. Kitchen sink - (R side) - connected to a P drain I think you call it -PVC-, connected to a "metal" T, which has a Studer vent gizmo attached to the top of it, then draining into a metal pipe straight down to the drain in the...

Plumbing - 1st floor sink backs up in sink below [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1st floor kitchen sink directly above a basement sink. When the 1st floor sink is full, it drains quickly and backs up in the sink below - which then drains relatively quickly. No other problems here - the dishwasher drains fine, general use is fine - it's only when there's a full sink of...

View more questions Search