Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sgrzyb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 11:46 PM
    Mortgage outstanding balance
    Hi,

Does somebody knows how to find out outstanding balance of mortgage after couple of months or years? I would like to see how my capital is going down month after month or years. Mortgage timetable repayment. I do not have a mortgage jet but I would like to see how it is working in real and compare with interest only mortgage. Some people say that interest only mortgage is better if you buy just for couple of years.
    Thank you.
    Stan.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 14, 2007, 01:36 AM
    We get a statement from our mortgage company every so often, every three months, this information is always on it. Contact your mortgage company and ask them to send you a statement or see if you can go on line (with a password) and get it that way.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 14, 2007, 05:32 AM
    "IF" if you are going to buy and resale in a few years, and if market values keep going up a lot.

"BUT" but if you buy in a area that the value of the home stays the same, or worst goes down?

On a interest only loan, you pay all your fees, and you pay a lower monthly sum because you are not paying anything each month toward the principal. So if you borrowed 100 percent value of the home, if that home lost value, you could not sell it for enough to even pay your loan off.

But if you buy in a place where values go up 10 percent, or if you buy a bad house and fix it up to sell, yes there are a place for these types of loan.

I would just be very careful not to over buy and be stuck with a home
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 14, 2007, 05:41 AM
    This is called amortization. You can get an amortization schedule template for most spreadsheet programs. There are also web sites that will create one for you. My monthly mortgage statement shows the principal balance of my loan, so check with your mortgage provider to see if they do that. Most will also provide an amortization schedule on request. Also I use Quicken and it keeps track of loans like that as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outstanding shares [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find the outstanding shares, effect of dividend, fraction of a year, andweighted average? Year 2003 Outstanding shares December 31, 2oo2 40,000 Outstanding shares on dec 31, 2003 52,800 Outstanding shares on dec 31 2004 64,000 Outstanding shares on...

Father passed with outstanding credit card debt [ 1 Answers ]

My father passed away in December. We have come to realize he had 3 credit cards with balances totaling about $20,000. We live in Louisiana, which is a community property state. My dad did not have a will and as far as any estate, would be the townhouse he lived in with my mother. Is my mom...

Outstanding dept of $85,000 [ 2 Answers ]

I have an outstanding dept of $85,000. I will be working in another country for a while is there anyway they can attack my bank account if it's in another country?

Being sued by the bank for an outstanding debt [ 2 Answers ]

The aforesaid total $83,133.61, exclusive of interest. Unless same, together with interest is paid within ten (10) days of the date of this letter, legal proceedings will be instituted against you without further notice. Can someone tell me what is meant by "legal proceedings will be instituted...

Outstanding news! Whoo hoo! (If I may carry on for a moment) [ 6 Answers ]

Hello folks: Well, it looks like Im going to have to change my profile description. I am pleased to announce that today, in the mail, I actually received some good news! Andrew Cocke is now refrigeration certified , type I and type II! I took this test a year ago, and my employer...

View more questions Search