Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xkwxwdx Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Jun 13, 2007, 05:58 PM
    Smoking .
    Hi Ino I Have Wrote Aload Of Topics And Shouldn't Attempt All These Things At Once But I Spend So Much Money On Cigs And Im 15 I Need Help Stopping What's The Easyiest Way Possible
    Please Help , Sorry If This Is In The Wrote Section
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 13, 2007, 06:00 PM
    You stop buying them, and just stop, you can not have smoked for that long at this time. You merely stop. It may be hard for a little bit, but just do it. One day at a time.

Jun 13, 2007, 06:13 PM
    I've been smokin for like 4 years and I smoke about 10 a day I've tried giving up
    Do smoking patches work? X
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 06:14 PM
    Just stop buying them as stated above. Chew gum! You could also try and get some support from your girlfriends! Good luck babe!

Jun 13, 2007, 06:19 PM
    But I get angry easily that's what calms me down having a cig , I've bin with my boyfriend for 18 months so as you can imagine we argue because men are awkward and I calm down with my cigs they relief my stress! :) do the patches or anything like that work
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 06:37 PM
    I've never smoked so I really don't know if patches work. Try the new nicotin gum that is flavored... try other stress relievers. Get your man to support and help you as much as possbile. You really need to stop, for your health's sake.:o

Jun 13, 2007, 06:41 PM
    Yeah I've never thought about it this much until a few days ago when I was heavy breathing and coughing a lot and I thought about what its doing to my insides its queit scary :(
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 06:48 PM
    Smoking does a lot more to ones body than you think! The thing that scares me about it is that you age more quickly... uuugg!

Jun 13, 2007, 06:53 PM
    Really?. I need to stop id save a lot of money.. be healthy.. n at least stay younger for longer
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 06:56 PM
    You go girl! I believe in you! You can SO do it!

Jun 13, 2007, 06:58 PM
    :D thank you for your help you have bin great :D
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 06:59 PM
    The patches and gum do not work, and is more expensve than the cigarettes. I recently quit and what I did was set a day to be done and I made the last pack I have last that long ( I had 5 left) 2 days before I quit I took two puffs and put the cig out (my last) and then started using suckers. These are good because they give both your hands and mouth something to do. After the 2/3 day of no cigs, you are completely broken of the addiction, then you just have to break the habit. Good luck.

Jun 14, 2007, 03:57 AM
    Where do u get the suckers from?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2007, 04:13 AM
    Come and join in here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/addict...ii-100730.html

It's a group of our members trying to stop smoking.

They might not be able to spell quitters, but they are good in every other respect! :)
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2007, 05:59 AM
    You buy suckers anywhere. I buy the kind that last a long time like carmel apple or bubble gum pops. Plus the bubble gum pops have the chewing gum to help when the sucker is gone.

Jun 14, 2007, 06:02 AM
    Oh right cool thanks for your help
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2007, 06:10 AM
    Sorry al I am going to disagree with you everyone's different other things work for some and not for others.
    Your in the uk, you don't pay for your prescriptions do you so the dr's has to be worth a shot but get ready for a huge lecture as I said in the other thred I have no idea if they are legally allowed to provide it to you but heck anythings worth a shot if it saves you money.
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2007, 06:23 AM
    Oh I forget things are different over there. Our nicotene patches and gum aren't prescription here, you can buy them over the counter if you are 18 or older, no doctors needed... I just didn't like them, they made me feel woozy. ANd it has always been my opinion that it is easier to just cut it out and deal with the crappy 3 days then try to widdle down... but that's opinion... thanks CBW for clearing that up...

Jun 14, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Thanks for all your help you have bin great

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need your help with smoking [ 1646 Answers ]

Well I haven't had a cigi since 8am this morning it was the last one now I've tried on numerous occasions to quit smoking and I'm just not flipping strong enough to do it I always cave in. Now I know there's no easy way to do this and I have to admit boy am I feeling dizzy and funny but I can't...

Smoking [ 21 Answers ]

Is smoking dope every day bad for you? More bad than smoking cigarettes?

I want him to stop smoking. [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everyone.. I want to ask is smoking bad to ones health?? I know a guy he is smoking since sckool dayz and now he is 27 yesterday I talked with him our topic waz smoking he says no one dies from smoking.. is this true?? I want to stop him from smoking what should I tell him.. when ever I say...

Tower-Smoking [ 3 Answers ]

I smoke a lot when I'm using my PC. I know it's bad for both of us. I do have a home smoke filter next to it. My question is, can I use something(what?) in the air intake of my computer without compromising the cooling factor too much. Might it be possible to put an extremely lightly oiled...

View more questions Search