Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xkwxwdx Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Jun 13, 2007, 05:52 PM
    2 Things About Spots And Sunbeds
    Hiya

1st questions.. I have like lots of little spots on the back of my arm at the top does anyone know why I've got them and how to get rid of them

And 2nd questions.. I'm really pale and want to go on sunbeds but I have a mole on my back and my leg would I have to get rid of these first if so where? And if not would it be safe?

Thanks x
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 06:09 PM
    1st ?- What kind of spots on your arms... freckles, bumps.. Need more info.

2nd ?- You would not have to have these moles removed but keep in mind that the tanning bed can cause more of these moles. It is important to continuously self check your moles to make sure they are not changing in size or color as this could be a sign of skin cancer. I work in a tanning salon and see too many people who overuse and abuse the tanning bed and their skin looks very old and leathery. Make sure to start tanning only a few minutes at a time and gradually increase your time. If you burn do not come back until the burn is gone. If you have anymore questions about tanning please ask! I might be a good idea to have your moles checked by a dermatologist anyway... just in case.

Jun 13, 2007, 06:18 PM
    Its like a little rash at the top of my arm but on the underneath.. does that explain?

And I would like to no more about tanning.. when ever I have bin in the sun I go red not brown if I used the sun beds say a cuple of times a week would I start to go brown because I don't like being pale I hate wearing short cut pants because my legs look like milk bottles there horrible just want a little tan and does it hurt when you lie on the bed its self?
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 06:30 PM
    The rash on your arms sounds a lot like what my sis gets. If this is the case it is nothing to be worried about and is due to poor exfoliation and dry skin. Exfoiliate this area for a while and moisterize very good and see if it helps. Chances are you will probably get a little red from the tanning bed since you get red in the sun, it is just your skin type. If you want to look more brown buy a tanning lotion that contains a little bit of brozer and accelerator in it. This will create a more tan look while also helping you to get more out of the tanning bed at the same time. Your tanning salon should carry these products; some good brands are Sweedish Beauty's Frosted Hemp(good for fair skin) and Designer Skin's Spellbound(awesome awesome tanning lotion). No the beds do not hurt to lay in, they are actually quite relaxing just make sure to wear the goggles given and make sure the tanning staff keeps the beds sanitized!

Jun 13, 2007, 06:38 PM
    I watched a film and this is going to sound stupid and these girls where on sunbeds and something fell and trapped both of the lids down and they burnt to death haha I'm sorry I'm scared of that happening to me , I have used tanning lotions before but they go really streaky on me , when I start using the sun beds how long should I go on for first and will my face go really red?
    X
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 06:52 PM
    I promise that will not happen to you... not in my salon anyway! The lotions I suggested are very good and do not streak bad if used properly. Considering your complextion I would go about 3 or 4 minutes the first time... your face could get pink. If it does and your body does not then you can come back the next time and cover you face until the pink is gone.

Jun 13, 2007, 06:56 PM
    So mostourise my arms to try and get rid of the spots and how many days a week do you think I should do on the sun beds also how much does 3 minutes cost
    Thanks for all your help by the way x
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Yes moisterize and exfoiliated your arms everyday. I would lay in the tanning bed every other day... depending on if you get burnt or not. Well I don't know about the cost where you live but we sell each visit for 4.95 and monthly packages for 29.95. Some places charge you by the minute and some places by the visit. It just depends on where you go... use that cig cash for tanning... that might help you quit! No prob for the help by the way! ;)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2007, 07:04 PM
    If you are very pale, or fair skinned, I would suggest checking out the answers on the following link concerning using tanning beds.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/beauty...ime-76266.html

Jun 14, 2007, 03:55 AM
    Yes I am very pale.. but both of my brothers go really brown in the sun and my sister goes red like me :S

Thanks for the link I read it , it put me off abit really I think I will just have to use fake tan or go on holiday

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fading Age Spots, Sun Spots, Freckles & Tan Lines? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I've just found this forum while Googling for effective ways to achieve what my topic's title describes. I've browsed through many of the posts here but couldn't find the answers I seek. I'm fair skinned and have some sun damage resulting from a bad sunburn a few months ago. Even...

Seeing things [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I'm new to this site, so hopefully my answer will be fulfilled. My daughter lately this past week will out of the blue say that a man touched her. Yeah, I know what you are thinking. We asked her a series of questions, was it daddy, was in uncle so and so, we went down the list of males she...

Need some Info on Sunbeds [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice i have joined a gym about a month ago and they have a stand up Tan booth in there changing room £1 for 3 mins and £2 for 6 mins... As i am going away at some point this year i would like to use a sunbed to get a base coat or a little...

Where things are going [ 2 Answers ]

I was chatting to a friend today and the comment was made that "most people after 3 years know where the relationship is going". Was just wondering how true that really is? And does it really matter?

View more questions Search