Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rjemmers Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2005, 10:10 AM
    I'm in a wiring mess
    I am trying to hook up my ac, Make a long story short I had to put in a sub panel to run it, now I have 220v going to the a/c, but the 110v is dead, so I traced it to the 24v/110v thing. Well my problem is I unhooked the wires and forgot what went where. I got the black and white hooked up OK, it's the 2 wires that go to the a/c unit and I have a red wire from the thermostat just hanging out. Any help would be great, it is flippin hot.

I noticed that there were other post on here about this but my wires don't match that post Mine are as followed

Red and white go to the ac unit out side

White,green,Red and Yellow from the thermosat

2 yellow off the 24v/110v thing I just bought, there is also a black and white wire, but I know where to hook those up.

Then there is a "block" where the wires go to the gas valve and the other things in the furnace. There are 6 wires all together, well of this block is a yellow wire that doesn't have a home but it was attached before I undid everything

Anyhelp would be great

Thanks

Rich
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Jun 7, 2005, 11:28 AM
    Keep cool and either...
    Quote Originally Posted by rjemmers
    I am trying to hook up my ac, Make a long story short i had to put in a sub panel to run it, now i have 220v going to the a/c, but the 110v is dead, so i traced it to the 24v/110v thing. Well my problem is i unhooked the wires and forgot what went where. I got the black and white hooked up ok, its the 2 wires that go to the a/c unit and I have a red wire from the thermostat just hanging out. Any help would be great, it is flippin hot.

I noticed that there were other post on here about this but my wires dont match that post Mine are as followed

red and white go to the ac unit out side

White,green,Red and Yellow from the thermosat

2 yellow off of the 24v/110v thing i just bought, there is also a black and white wire, but i know where to hook those up.

then there is a "block" where the wires go to the gas valve and the other things in the furnace. there are 6 wires all together, well of of this block is a yellow wire that doesn't have a home but it was attached before i undid everything

Anyhelp would be great

Thanks

Rich
    ... continue to review the threads for posts made by Labman who is the HVAC expert and always knows where the wires go or wait for him to reappear and he will have your answer.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2005, 11:46 AM
    A second 24/110 transformer only complicates things. Take it back wherever they said you needed it, and never go there again. All you need to do is connect the red and white wires to the compressor to the yellow and blue wire at the furnace block. You need 5 wires to the outside compressor, a pair of 220 feed wires, their ground, and a pair to the coil. The unconnected yellow wire should be returning from the thermostat and be switched to the red wire in the cooling mode.

Connect all the wires from the thermostat to the block. There should ba a Y terminal for the yellow. Then connect your Red/white pair to the Y and B or C terminal. Current should flow from the existing transformer through the red wire to the thermostat, and when calling for cooling, back the yellow wire, and out to the coil in the compressor. It then flows back to the B or C terminal and back to the transformer.
    rjemmers Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2005, 04:00 PM
    OK I am lost I don't have a blue wire. Is there a way you could draw a diagram, I work better with diagrams. I am so lost and I can't get anyone out till next week and this is only Tuesday
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2005, 09:11 PM
    Don't worry about a blue wire. Make sure the yellow wire is connected to the Y terminal at the thermostat. Connect the red wire of your pair to the yellow wire. Connect the white one to a terminal at the furnace block marked B or C. Electricity doesn't care what color the insulation is. It is cheaper to run any pair of wires out to the compressor rather than the 5 wire cable and only use the yellow and blue wires.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My heads a mess. [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 25 male and last noverember, 8 months ago, my girlfriend and I split up. The relathionship lasted 3 years. We were very much in love, she was 21 and I was 24 when we split, she has her reasons for leaving, and I understand them, my career was starting to really move and she didn't see me...

Hair Dye Mess [ 1 Answers ]

Hello... I went to a hair salon and came out with chunks of dark brown hair. I use to have dirty blonde hair (more on the blonde side.) Attached is a picture of what it use to look like. The hair dresser used Paul Mitchell color. I went back to him to fix it and it turned into orange... by...

How do I get out of this mess? [ 7 Answers ]

This going to be a little long so I appreciate all who read to the end and offer any advice. I am 22 and finishing up my last year of college while working full time and VP of my Fledgling fraternity. The girl in this story I have known for 6 years. We started dating back then and have been...

Yahoo mess [ 1 Answers ]

I don't use Yahoo messenger myself but I've installed it for the sake of my little sister. Whenever I log on to windows Yahoo mess starts running. I tried finding an option-like thingy in Yahoo mess where I could uncheck the 'start when windows starts' or some option like that but I don't seem to...

View more questions Search