Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babeghirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Divorce forms
    I am trying to help a friend get a divorce from his wife and I am drawing up the papers myself, I need to know what a Consent, Appearance and Waiver form is and where do I find a copy of one?
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

Jun 27, 2007, 04:17 PM
    The Appearance, Consent and Waiver is a document you can use to eliminate much of the paperwork and often considerable expense from the process of obtaining a divorce. With this document the spouse who is not designated as the petitioner/plaintiff officially makes a legal appearance and consents to the jurisdiction and venue of the court. This spouse (referred to as the respondent/defendant) also waives his or her right to findings of fact, conclusions of law, a record of testimony, motion for a new trial, notice of entry of final judgment or decree and right to appeal.

Once the spouse who will act as respondent/defendant has signed this form, no further action by that spouse should be necessary for the remainder of the divorce process.

You should be able to obtain one at your local family law court.
    babeghirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2007, 05:54 AM
    Thank you for your response that is very helpful.:)
    fightn_tha_goodfight Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Jun 29, 2007, 01:55 PM
    Your county clerk of courts site has every doc u need or at Best Buy or Circuit City has a Attorney Law program with all the forms you need, its about 29$

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two w2 forms? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I changed status from F1 to H1b (h1b started oct 2005) and I know now that I can file 1040NREZ and 8843. I received a W2 from my university for one pay check that I got in January 2005 and I have a w2 from my current employer as well for the paychecks during rest of 2005. How do I...

W2 forms [ 1 Answers ]

In California how long does an employer have to issue your W2 form to you?

No W2 forms [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can file a state tax return without w2 forms I sent a 4506 form to IRS requesting copies. They sent my check back and said this info was unavailable due to 7 years had past and they no longer have these records. I lost all personal papers in a tornado. I can't remember all...

What forms [ 3 Answers ]

I entered USA on F1 in Aug 2001. 2005 Aug I changed to H1B from F1 (OPT). What tax forms do I need to file for 2005 year?

Forms for divorce [ 4 Answers ]

Ok... Need to get a divorce.. And I have to write up the forms myself.. Need to know where I can get samples of petition for dissolution of marriage and whatever else follows.. Links to free sites would be helpful.. Or samples of the petition would be greatly appreciated! Any advice on this...

View more questions Search