Ask
    meecy12 Posts: 133, Reputation: 2

Jun 13, 2007, 09:50 AM
    God and women
    Why does God hate women?
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 09:57 AM
    I don't think God hates women. What makes you think He does?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2007, 10:00 AM
    NowWhat,

Some background: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mental...tml#post452876
    LisEvans Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2007, 12:48 PM
    I don't believe God hates women. The scriptures talk all the time about good women, and how people need to honor and respect mothers, sisters, wives, daughters, widows, etc. And remember... when God created the earth, the very last thing he made was Eve. I like to think of that as Him making sure everything was perfect for her arrival. :)
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 25, 2007, 01:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by meecy12
    Why does God hate women?

She doesn't.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2007, 06:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marily
    God does not hate women, what He does not like is when a women gets out of her place. Read the bible.
    Completely false.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 29, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marily
    God does not hate women, what He does not like is when a women gets out of her place. Read the bible.
    Thats not God thats man!
    Why does God hate women?

Thats not God thats man!

phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Jun 29, 2007, 09:29 AM
    Some people need to "blame" someone for their problems.

Sometimes they curse the world or God for being against them.

The truth is - If you want a better life for yourself, you'll have to work for it and go get it yourself. No one is going to just hand over a "wonderful life" to you because you are so "broken" inside.

I'm sorry you've dropped into a pattern of negative thinking, but if you truly want to turn your life around and make something better for yourself, you're going to have to accept the help of your therapist, the love of friends and family, be honest with yourself, to work to overcome life challenges.
    vicki12345 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2008, 10:17 AM
    I think it is obvious god hates women. Women do have a choice to improve their lives in a very limited way because they have no option when it comes to the issue of controlling their bodies. Women’s bodies control women’s lives, women’s emotions, women’s intellectual capacity, women’s ability to perform well in the workplace. Women’s bodies are high-maintenance parasites that extract all the creative abilities from women and force us to focus on reigning in on the damage these bodies want to mete out on the world around us. There is no other explanation for post-partum psychosis. There is no other explanation for the depression and anxiety that accompanies PMS. There is no other explanation than god’s inherent loathing for women.

And to all of you out there who say god is female: think about it – do you really truly believe that a woman would intentionally do that to herself? If so, then god’s self-loathing makes us all the worse.

Send me to hell any day, because to sit in heaven next to the @%$#@%$#@ who created this body would be like rewarding the man who raped and tortured you by marrying him. I am a far better human than god is a god (or human). I am smarter, more compassionate, less vengeful, kinder. And that’s just the beginning of the list. I have killed no one at all, unlike the sadistic god who finds it acceptable to have more than half of his creation living in pain and humiliation for more than half their lives for the sake of ego, ego, ego. He should be deeply ashamed of himself.

God in no way comes close to deserving my adoration or friendship.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2008, 11:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by vicki12345
    I think it is obvious god hates women. Women do have a choice to improve their lives in a very limited way because they have no option when it comes to the issue of controlling their bodies. Women’s bodies control women’s lives, women’s emotions, women’s intellectual capacity, women’s ability to perform well in the workplace. Women’s bodies are high-maintenance parasites that extract all the creative abilities from women and force us to focus on reigning in on the damage these bodies want to mete out on the world around us. There is no other explanation for post-partum psychosis. There is no other explanation for the depression and anxiety that accompanies PMS. There is no other explanation than god’s inherent loathing for women.

And to all of you out there who say god is female: think about it – do you really truly believe that a woman would intentionally do that to herself? If so, then god’s self-loathing makes us all the worse.

Send me to hell any day, because to sit in heaven next to the @%$#@%$#@ who created this body would be like rewarding the man who raped and tortured you by marrying him. I am a far better human than god is a god (or human). I am smarter, more compassionate, less vengeful, kinder. And that’s just the beginning of the list. I have killed no one at all, unlike the sadistic god who finds it acceptable to have more than half of his creation living in pain and humiliation for more than half their lives for the sake of ego, ego, ego. He should be deeply ashamed of himself.

God in no way comes close to deserving my adoration or friendship.
    I really don't even know how to respond to this.

You don't think women have control over our bodies? Our brains? Because we are women, we aren't smart? Are you serious?
    Yes, on average, women are more emotional than men. We are more nurturing. If we were exactly the same as men, what kind of world would it be? We balance each other.
    I don't think if God hated women He would have given us the joy of motherhood. The process of having another living thing in our bodies. To feel your child kick, etc.

My life is not constant torment. I lead a life full of joy. You may be tormented in your body, but to say that ALL women are - that isn't correct.
    You may loathe yourself, but not all women do.

Mar 22, 2008, 10:05 PM
    No, women don't have control over their bodies - that's why they have to wear diapers every month. If they had control over their bodies, it wouldn't be necessary. Not only that, but because of the curse of hormones, women have the divine opportunity of being forgetful, stupid, non-functional, violent, psychotic.

Men have the joy of fatherhood and they don't have to pay for it every single day of their lives. They don't have to worry all the time about reigning in on the terror that women's bodies like to mete out. They don't have to deal with the shame and humiliation of being out of control because of their hormones. They have the opportunity to trust themselves, like women cannot.

Most of all, though, I can't figure out which part of this biological system is evidence of god's love: is it the week of depression and headaches? Or is it the following week of feeling really dirty all the time? Or is it the week after that feeling fatigue so extreme you may as well be dead? Or maybe it's the grand finale when you have to go through ten years straight of insomnia, hot and cold flashes, depression, weight gain, stupidity, forgetfulness? Or maybe it's the constant ridicule we have to bear because of all of this? Which part of this, precisely, is evidence of god's love?

Frankly, I think I deserve better.
    Expert

Mar 23, 2008, 12:30 AM
    Wow.

I think you have issues with yourself, sweetheart.

Yeah, hormones suck--but so do spontaneous erections. And you can get PILLS for hormones, and you can get a shot to stop your period.

I've never had forgetfulness, or stupidity, or depression directly related to my menstrual cycle. Unless you count the sadness when I realize I'm not pregnant again THIS month :P

I've also never felt ridicule about it. I've never felt that my body wasn't a source of comfort and pride.

I think YOU have issues with YOUR body.

I believe in a goddess, and I think she gave us the tools we need to make everything better for ourselves and those around us--and one of those tools is our bodies.

If you think a man has it better, I suggest you start talking to men about the things THEY can and can't do because they're male. Try the "never being able to cry" thing sometime. Or the "have to walk the fine line between showing desire and making her think that all I want is sex" thing.

The ONLY times I EVER envy men are 1. When we're winter camping. My god, being able to just whip it out and write my name in the snow rather than crouching and trying to keep my snowmobile suit out of the stream is AWFUL. 2. When I'm someplace where the public toilets are just disgusting--think at like a renaissance festival. It would be GREAT to never have to get even CLOSE to that toilet seat.

So I guess all I envy about men is that they can pee standing up. Whoop-te-doo. I'll trade being able to be pregnant for that, and I'll trade feeling sexy just for having boobs for that, too.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2008, 10:56 PM
    I believe that we are born over and over. We get through being men first, then we graduate to being a woman. Women are connected to the earth and tides, sunrise and sunset, to the cycle of the moon. We feel and react to rhythms that are now either ignored or controlled.

That becomes a problem when society ignores, controls or does not value that connection. Before the advent of electricity, 99% of women menstruated on the new moon. Makes you wonder what else the modernization of human life has done that hurts us. We do change due to hormones, but we don't get stupid, we get even more psychic. Few respect that gift.

God doesn't hate women, God is women. Every pain and misery you experience, the Goddess feels too. Talk to her. Love and respect who and what you are. You are the Goddess.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2008, 07:47 PM
    IT is amazing how many people who have never read the bible and have an opinion on GOD all from what they think they know or have heard.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2008, 10:18 PM
    I've read the bible, all the way through, several times. I attended a Christian University. I have belonged to several different kinds of Christian churches. I thought God as presented by the Christians, hated women too.

Why do you assume that someone who thinks a male sky god hates women, does not read everything available, talks to everyone, asks questions, experiences life and FEELS, has no meaningful spiritual life, or brains for that matter? Women aren't hated. But, unbalanced belief systems can bring that feeling to the fore.

Christians follow a path. That doesn't make the paths of others, the path to stupidity! If someone knows about God, yet shies away from Christian teachings, does that mean that everything they know is something they think they know or have heard?

Don't assume, assumptions are frequently based on what you think you know, or have heard...
    Midoovi Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Apr 5, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Um... If God hates women then why did he give us a clitoris when he could have just given us the hole?

May 17, 2008, 09:59 AM
    I guess my question hasn't been answered. Maybe it's true that I have a problem with living in this body, but isn't it obvious that there's a problem with the design? I mean, everywhere you look there are ads about how women can get relief from their bodies, and it's not like their bodies are doing something out of the ordinary, they're doing exactly what they were designed to do, with a lot of negative side effects... such as depression for some and bloating for some and psychosis for some. There is empirical evidence that when women are nursing or in menopause, they become forgetful. What function does this serve?

I'm truly trying to figure out how God can actually say he loves me when the body I'm in causes so much grief when it is functioning as it should, as it was designed to function. Yes, there are shots and pills and contortions women can go through to ease the pain and discomfort and shame of it, but why? Why do we have to do this? Isn't it enough that we bear children and raise them? Isn't it enough that we contribute to this society in such a vital, important way? Why do we have to have that punishment of all the other side-effects? It just doesn't make sense to me.

... And I guess that my question continually comes back to this: how is it possible that a "loving" God (or Goddess) can mete out this kind of routine grief that is so pervasive that it isn't even recognizable? How can someone call that Love?

I'm just trying to figure this out. Thanks.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 17, 2008, 10:37 AM
    I'm just trying to figure this out. Thanks.
    LOL, you sound like you want an easier softer life, and I can't blame you. But it goes better when you accept yourself, and cope with what God has given you because as bad as you think it is, it could be a whole lot worse.

May 17, 2008, 01:27 PM
    Yes, it is true, I do want an easier softer life - but I want it for the entire world not just me. Hundreds and hundreds of times I've gone in to work and women would be feeling very badly because they verbally assaulted their husbands because they have PMS, they tell me. Do you think the husbands feel good about this? Women feel like crap, they take it out on their husbands who feel like crap, they abuse their children who in turn grow up and treat other people like crap. This is what god gave me, I understand. But it doesn't mean that god equals love. Maybe god equals suffering and misery.

And, I do know it could be a whole lot worse. But it could also be a whole lot better. Why do we have to settle for this when - if God indeed does have all the power everyone claims - he could make it better than this? There's enough crap going on in the world, why do we have to tolerate a poorly-designed body when God COULD HAVE done a better job?
    Expert

May 17, 2008, 09:36 PM
    If you believe in the Bible--well, blame Eve.

Honestly, men have their issues too. At least we don't get spontaneous erections, we're less likely to get several diseases, we're not as driven by our sexual urges, we never get kicked in the balls, whatever.

Men suffer depression too. And forgetfulness. And they go through that point where all of a sudden they need a little blue pill to function in the bedroom--talk about feeling unmanned!

I can't believe that any Creator would deliberately give us more than we can handle. You just have to focus on the positives and not the negatives--and you have to be above what society thinks of you--our current fashion in Western society is that women look and act like young girls, with cosmetic surgery, and skimpy clothing, and makeup and whatever being thrown at us by the media constantly.

YOU have to accept your body. YOU have to love your body--all of its strengths, and all of its weaknesses.

Everyone has mood swings. It just so happens that everyone has hormones too! It's just that women get mood swings with their hormones and men get mood swings with THEIR hormones (ever seen a man who isn't getting laid anymore for whatever reason? Talk about CRABBY! Too much testosterone makes you surly and angry and want to smash things just like too much estrogen does, it's just different WAYS of expressing those moods).

I love being a woman, even with the frustrations I have with PMS and being unable to conceive and not having the "perfect" body and whatever.

And those women that chew out their husbands and blame it on PMS? That's lack of self-control. That's being ruled by your body instead of ruling your body. Even leaving out any kind of drug treatment, most women can control their horrid mood swings brought on by bodily changes due to their menstrual cycle simply by having a better diet and exercising regularly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why do straight women fool around with straight women: An open discussion. [ 55 Answers ]

Ever wondered why straight women fool around with other straight (or gay) women? Ever tried it? Ever regretted it? Thoughts?

God! [ 51 Answers ]

What does God look like? HANK :)

Do you need God [ 12 Answers ]

I know I do need god how about you I get through the daywith god I ask him for help and I get it but not all the time

Where did God come from? [ 20 Answers ]

We are all Christians and attend church regularly. After service one Sunday my 8 yo comes to me and asks this question. Daddy, if God created the heavens and the earth, and all living creatures, etc. then who created God? If he had a Mommy and Daddy, where did they come from? I laughed......

Oh my god what do I do... [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been together for 7 months and I honestly thought that I loved her. I think that now I only really want her as a friend because she has tried to change me from what I am. I am the type who likes to go out and have fun with friends, and smoke and stuff like that. I was out...

View more questions Search