Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2005, 07:43 AM
    Email
    Hi,
    Guess what?
    Can't read your answers! Nothing to learn...
    fredg
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2005, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    poor Fred, he talks about learning but ignores the lessons. He talks about not putting people down, but then goes ahead and does it. He talks about a desire to help others but shows a disdain for making sure the answers he gives are correct.

This has been the story of Fred since I encountered him on this and other Q&A boards. Actions speak louder than words and Fred's actions (as I've shown so many times) do not support the words he writes.

Until and unless Fred shows that he has learned some of the lessons that I and others have tried to teach him, he will have little, if any, respect of the other helpers here. Until he stops putting others down with allegations of egotism and other such characterisitics, until he show more care about the quality of his answers, until he shows humilty in accepting corrections when he errs, until he accepts that others know more about certain things then he does, until he changes his ways, he will not gain that respect.

Scott<>
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    Hi,
    Guess what?
    Can't read your answers! Nothing to learn......
    fredg
    Fred, that's not the way to do it... ignoring is for the ignorant, by saying that, anyone else will know what you are about... you don't listen, and don't want to. I hate to sound like this... but don't act childish over such little things.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 7, 2005, 11:20 AM
    Here we go again *sigh*
    Fred, have you forgotten already, your recent stupidity.
    Here's the whole thread, I suggest you reread it:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=10671

Then again you probably have be block to so this is quite pointless, but I had to post this.

Please listen and learn, or are you going to prove the saying "You can't teach your grandmother to suck eggs" to be true.

Just carry on burring your head in the sand and making yourself look even more foolish...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 8, 2005, 05:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by thebriggsdude
    fred, thats not the way to do it........ ignoring is for the ignorant, by saying that, anyone else will know what you are about.......... you don't listen, and don't want to. i hate to sound like this...... but don't act childish over such little things.
    Briggs,
    BINGO!!

I've been saying that for a long time now. This is such a prime example of what I said about Fred's actions putting a lie to his words. Of course I ignore a lot of the garbage that Fred posts, but that doesn't mean I don't read them. Occasionally Fred does come up with something interesting. I'm not ashamed to admit I have learned things from him. That's one reason I would never consider blocking someone. Fred only wants to hear praise and good things. Any criticism, constructive or otherwise, falls on deaf ears. And that's one of the main reasons that Fred is a mediocre (at best) helper and why he gets almost no respect from other volunteers.

Scott<>

P.S. One thing just occurred to. If Fred is blocking my posts, then how did he know I said something about learning.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2005, 05:40 AM
    Email
    Point well taken, BriggsDude.
    fredg
    PS; Two others could learn from it also.

Aug 8, 2005, 06:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    Point well taken, BriggsDude.
    fredg
    PS; Two others could learn from it also.
    Well lets see if you learn from it Fred. As I said your actions speak louder than your words. If you truly learned from this you would have apologized rather then toss a shot.

Let me ask this directly. Did you unblock me? Because if you didn't and don't respond to this question then it shows exactly what Briggs said ("ignoring is for the ignorant, by saying that, anyone else will know what you are about"). This has been another characteristic of you. You just ignore things you can't respond to without apologizing or looking even more foolish.

Scott<>

Aug 11, 2005, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Let me ask this directly. Did you unblock me?
    Scott<>
    Well I guess we have our answer. Since Fred has not responded to this question it would appear he has not unblocked me. Which means his response to Briggs was just empty words. Like so much else he has posted.

Its really sad.

Scott<>

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deleted A Program I Need [ 10 Answers ]

Hi- I deleted this program from "Add and "Remove" programs--now nothing works right-- Program====C:\Progra~1\SYMANTEC\SYMEVNT.386 Please tell me how to add this back Thanks

Recovering deleted files [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to recover files you deleted from the recycle bin?

Files That can't Be Deleted [ 2 Answers ]

There are certain files on my computer that I cannot delete, no matter how many times I try. When I try to delete them, a message pops up that says it cannot read the source file on the disk, or that it is an unspecified file. How can I get rid of these? :confused:

Retrieving file deleted from recycle bin. [ 18 Answers ]

I have accidentally deleted an important file from the recycle bin, and I have done a system restore , is there anyway that I can retrieve the file??

View more questions Search