Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Afrikaforever Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 05:51 AM
    Vista does not see XP Computers on Network
    I have a network with a 2003 sbs and xp Pro SP2 clients. We bought three Windows Vista Laptops and joined to the network. 2 of the vista computers can see and ping all the computers on the network but cannot access them and the Xp computers cannot access the Vista Laptops either. One of the Laptops does not see the XP computers but only the Vista Laptops. The computers are all in the same workgroup called XPA and have dhcp assigned IP addresses. I have downloade and installed the LLTD on the Xp computers but still no luck.

Any assistance is appreciated.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2007, 05:53 AM
    How else would they get you to upgrade all your PCs to Vista? ;)

I'm joking, but it just had to be said, hopefully someone who has experience with Vista will be able to come help soon.
    LadyB Posts: 320, Reputation: 42

Jun 13, 2007, 05:56 AM
    I was the first in my company (I telecommute) to need a new system, and got a laptop with Vista. We were completely unable to network it nor access the shared drives. I ended up having to swap laptops with my husband who had XP.

If you find an answer please let me know.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 13, 2007, 05:59 AM
    What version of Vista? I have a home (peer to peer) network with XP PCs and a Vista (Ultimate) machine that have no problem sharing resources.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

XP to Vista [ 1 Answers ]

Ok This is the situation Old Computer - Windows XP Home OE6 New Computer - Windows Vista - Microsoft Mail I saved all of the .dbx in OE6 (Including Folders.dbx) -I put all of the .dbx's on a CD-R disk -Copied Them To A Folder In Documents On Vista -I Ensure that the files are not read...

To Vista or not to Vista that is a question... [ 9 Answers ]

Does your machine have what it takes to run Windows Vista. Find out HERE with this excellent online tool. (ActiveX is needed for this test) Now personally I will be running Vista on a test box. Hey I've got to at least try and break it, but there is no way it will be on any of my live machines...

Do I have too many computers connected to one network? [ 4 Answers ]

We have a main computer. There are 2 laptops and 3 computers that are wireless and have all been operating fine. Yesterday my husband bought a new laptop, when he's connected my computer is choppy and takes longer than usual to load. Could his new laptop be slowing me down because it's an extra...

I want to learn how to network 2 computers [ 8 Answers ]

I want to learn how to network 2 computers because my boss wants me to learn:) Learn how yo networw to computers

How to connect two computers together by a wireless network [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... I am new in Communication and networking so please your answer must be in details... My computer in the living room with windows XP home edition.. the other computer with windows 2000 with servie pack 4 in my kids bed room.. my wirelss router is linksys connected to my computers and...

View more questions Search