Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ruizthebeaste Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 02:21 AM
    4 ton or 5 ton unit for 1780 sq ft home
    I was woundering which unit would be more efficient for cooling home in Tucson Az? I have a 1780 sq ft home, included is an addition of @ 280 sq ft that has no duct work for vents. Home is a made of brick with the exception of the addition, I also just had dual pane windows installed and home is well insulated. I was woundering if I were to use a 4 ton unit over a 5 ton unit (13 sear) what would be the average difference in my utility bill, as well as cooling of home and ware and tear on unit?
    Thank you!
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 05:17 AM
    Call a pro in and have a manuel J done. No other way to give you correct answer other than a guess
    SuperTyphoon Posts: 85, Reputation: 5

Jun 13, 2007, 11:15 AM
    - How big are the windows?
    - How much wall space?
    - How much sun do the house walls get?
    - How high are the ceilings?

All these factors can dramatically effect the size needed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman 4 ton HP [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Goodman 4 ton HP CPJ60-1. Outside unit was coming on but the inside blower motor did not come on. Now the outside unit does not come on at all in either mode. Where should I look?

45yr old 5-ton unit - Does anything compare? [ 7 Answers ]

Sorry for the length, but grandpa has a history, I need valid opinions please. I purchased my 2500sq ft single story ranch style (rectangle, porch on the front & back) home in 1990 under $100k. The house was built in 1962, everything in it was original and in great working condition including...

1976 Dodge 2 ton truck [ 1 Answers ]

When operating any lighting circuit (including brake lights) the fuel gauge reading increases. No other instruments are affected. Any clues please. TRWE

'90 Chevy 1/2 Ton Timing Adjustment [ 1 Answers ]

What is the correct degree for the timing on a 1990 Chevy K-Series 1/2ton p/u with 5.7L (4WD, automatic) and is there anything special I should know about setting this? How do I stop the advance to set the timing? Thanks.

View more questions Search