Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 12:25 AM
    A Break
    Who reckons that a break is healthy in a long relationship?

Is a break wise, before jumping into any decissions?
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Jun 13, 2007, 12:36 AM
    No
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 12:37 AM
    So a break is not a good idea to give to time to think and even see whthere you miss the person or not?
    moomin007 Posts: 158, Reputation: 33

Jun 13, 2007, 12:38 AM
    Good question Krs.

For me personally, no.
    It's all about commitment & trust. If my hubby said he wanted to take a break from us, whatever the reason, my trust in him would be broken. He made a commitment before God & my family 'til death'.

If he was having doubts enough to need time away, how would I know when he came back, if he was back for good? If he's had doubts once, he may have them again. I would always be feeling that I was never quite up to stratch, otherwise why would he have left in the first place?

Just my humble opinion.
    Moomin
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2007, 12:40 AM
    If I wanted a break with someone, then I would know that they were not right for me. It would be over. I don't agree with breaks at all.
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 12:45 AM
    Its true what you are both saying!
    I agree.
    I would also be hurt if my loved one suggested a break.

However, right now I am very confused and don't no if he is d one for me.
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2007, 12:51 AM
    You think a break would help? I'm sure you're aware that communication is key :)

I can realise that maybe being with him the whole time doesn't give you the time that you need to think. Maybe running through your feelings with a trusted friend might give you the freedom of thought that you obviously need?

If it falls through, you've always got me ;)
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 12:55 AM
    Thank you :)

That's the thing..
    Brief of my story
    I was a virgin when I met him at 19. Im 28 now. Been married for 3.
    In some way I feel I need to experience life and learn more about myself. On the other hand I'm also scared of be alone...
    Im also scared ill regret leaving him, then again I may not!

Can you understand why I'm so confused
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2007, 12:57 AM
    I can,
    My work blocks this site in a few minutes so I'm sorry that I can't respond.

I don't think you need to be scared about being alone.
    We can talk further later on if you want.
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 02:04 AM
    One of our experts in crisis :( Always a sad thing to see. Is communication not the right thing? You grow together etc Perhaps you should both perhaps travel together for a while? Or you explore traveling alone or with a friend for a while...
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2007, 03:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiser
    One of our experts in crisis :( Always a sad thing to see. Is communication not the right thing? You grow together etc Perhaps you should both perhaps travel together for a while? Or you explore traveling alone or with a friend for a while...
    I like this answer, about travelling with a friend for awhile. Sorry that I couldn't rate you. The system wouldn't allow it.
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 03:27 AM
    If only I had the money
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 03:28 AM
    In this way it seems less of a threat to her partner?
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 03:28 AM
    Why do you think he is not the one?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2007, 03:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Krs
    If only i had the money
    Okay, if no money. What about walks with people whose thoughts you trust?
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 04:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiser
    Why do you think he is not the one?
    I don't quite know to be honest!
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Jun 13, 2007, 04:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Krs
    I dont quite know to be honest!

Females always want what they haven't got and then realise what they had!!
    If you believe you have a great relationship stay. If you don't walk away.

So many people go looking and cannot find the love they want yourve had this for 8 years and now decide you want too look. I don't know how someone could stay for that long then leave if it wasn't that good then why stay for so long. The problem with people is they all want something new these days instead of excepting something great they already have.

I don't want to be harsh but you may already have a great relationshipi don't no, but you are thinkibg about sleeping with another guy to know what its like, Woukd you want him to sleep with another girl just to check that your all right??

Well
    I tell you what you need you need to get a guy and a girl over and you can each go for it with the other that may settle your thoughts./ If you can handle that. May ruin what you have
    emopunk7 Posts: 1,052, Reputation: 161
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 07:56 AM
    Wow... You two have been together such a long time! Why give that up now?
    clandestine1 Posts: 71, Reputation: 2

Jun 13, 2007, 09:02 AM
    Okay, quite honestly, I've been in this situation and that "break" ended up being permanent. It starts being about needing time and space to think about things, in my case my ex wanted to see what else was out there since we were each others first serious relationship and were becoming serious too young. Sometimes, if you set something free it comes back, but that's a huge risk to take. Personally, we've both grown a lot from it, we've noticed things that were in our relationshp that neither have us have found since, but you're risking something real that not everyone is lucky enough to find. I hope it turns out better for you...
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 10:52 AM
    If you cannot solve the issues together or yourself things will only get worse. NOT GOOd! That is why it is important to have time apart. If you do not want to hrut your partner you tell him the truth or you go somewhere for a while i.e. travel alone for a while.. if you do not have the money go get it.

You have some serious thinking to do...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

She says that she doesn't know if it's a break or break up [ 3 Answers ]

We have been dating for 2 years on April 15. We didn't have any kind of a fight and then all of a sudden a couple days ago, she said, I am just not happy anymore. We see each other like 6 days a week, talk on the phone like 5 times a day, usually I am the one calling her though. I think I am just...

Break up [ 5 Answers ]

Me and this guy were both in a relationship but I was crazy about him for months - his girlfriend is completely ignoring him as it seems.. but he was in love with her.. anyway I never showed my feelings I just kept it all in.. But then this one day he made a move on me and kissed me! And then he...

She wants a break now what [ 40 Answers ]

I had a great evening last Tuesday. We talked and talked. We had great conversation and we both felt connected. Great evening. Once the evening was over she invited me over for dinner at her place the next day. The next day we exchanged emails. Everything was great. I was very busy at work and felt...

Break even [ 2 Answers ]

Product Alpha has been a staple in Omega Corp.'s product line for several years. Annual fixed costs of production and administration related to this product in the past have been $643,500. Annually, variable costs of production and sales have been $17 per unit. The selling price in the past has...

Break even [ 1 Answers ]

Sporto Enterprises is considering the manufacture of a new type of golf ball. Each golf ball would sell for $3.75 and would require $1.75 in variable cost. In addition annual fixed costs associated with the project would total $64,000. Calculate (a) the breakeven point in units, (b) the breakeven...

View more questions Search