Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    huno Posts: 336, Reputation: 75

Jun 12, 2007, 10:24 PM
    Reason vs. Emotion
    I have a question for y'all.

When you're dealing with the opposite sex, do you listen primarily to reason or your emotions?

This can be anytime you're making any sort of decision: whether you'd make a good match, interpreting their actions towards you, anything.

And if you care to elaborate, which do you think is the right thing to do? Are you usually right?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 12, 2007, 11:04 PM
    It is very hard to ignore intense emotions, but they can blind us to things we need to see, or we make decisions without thinking, and can lead us astray and ruin our focus. No, I personally question being guided just by emotions, as there has to be some kind of logical reason behind decisions. As the cause and effect, of bad decisions can be devastating. This forum for example has many posts about breakups, and the devastating effect a bad break up can have on ones life, health, and subsequent relationships suffer because of the intense emotional attachments that are formed, and the reluctance or inexperience to deal with the aftermath of being dumped. The dumper already knows things are over, and generally the one dumped is the last to know, and finds it hard to accept and move on, as easily as the dumper. All this emotional turmoil, especially with a lot of emotional investment, makes for one miserable person. So for these reasons, Go with your head, not just your heart. Hard to balance for sure, but the alternative is much misery and pain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Weird reason for break up! I want him. [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend broke up with me 7months ago. He was my first relationship and I was his first too. I am 23 and he is 24. We had been together about 2,5 years with a break of a few months between. The reason he left me is that he realised that our relationship seemed that was going to last, and he...

Dose anyone no the reason to this? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Dose anyone no if its normal for the males to come out right after intercors?:( :confused:

Reason for applying W7 [ 1 Answers ]

My friend is citizen of india. He is in India. He registered a company in Michigan, US. He wants to fill out the W7 to open a bank account in US. There are 8 choices he can choose. Out of those only #1,#2 and #8 are for non US residents. He is not sure which option to follow. Could you please help...

I can't get pregnant for some reason! [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I'am 18yrs old married female that's been trying for the past 7 months now to get pregnant but nothing showing... I really want a baby and no luck is around.:( sometimes I feel like I might be pregnant or I even act like I'm and then when I get tested I'm not... but all I want to know is could...

Is there a reason that I am still single? [ 16 Answers ]

Hi... I am 31 years old! I am divorced with one child. I have been divorced for 6 years. I was in a relationship 2 months after my divorce for approximately 3 years! Needless to say... the last year of our relationship... he cheated! He is now married to this gal and has a child! I truly...

View more questions Search