Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ifxl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2003, 08:50 PM
    Video Problem
    Hi,

I have recently bought a new video card for my P4 1.6 computer. So I tried installing the card by pluging it in the only slot I saw that fit. And I also touched the memory and the CPU fan out of curiosity but I am sure that I've put it back exactly the way it was. Then I connected my monitor to the new video card and turned on my computer. Nothing show up on my monitor (the light is orange instead of green). So I thought maybe I didn't install the card correctly. I pulled the card back out and everythign is back to its original setup. I connected the monitor to where I usually do and turned on the computer again. And yet, nothing show up on my monitor. It seems to me that the motherboard and the video card is the same piece so I didn't remove anything when I put in the new video card. Any idea what's wrong? There is nothing wrong with the monitor since I am using it right now. Please help me with my problem. Let me know if you need more information. Thank you so much!
    tototu Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Mar 4, 2003, 02:53 AM
    Video Problem
    This may be more than you are able to handle on your own from the sound of your post. If you have your video handled by an AGP slot and you were replacing the AGP card, then you may have ended up with a problem with the hardware and seating. Generally these new slots can take up to 30# of pressure to properly seat the card. Check that the card is fully and evenly seated and all cooling fans are connected.
    If your video is managed by AGP and you installled a PCI slot video card, you may have created a conflict in your device configuration. When you do this, you need to go to your bios and disable your AGP and enable video through PCI. You also need to install drivers that came with the card. If you are having trouble getting a boot screen, tap F8 before you see your splash screen and select booting into Safe mode. Make your corrections through your device manager in there. If this is a little over your head, get a geek to help. Otherwise, give us some more info on your setup and we'll try to walk you through it.
    ;D ;D ;D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ripping DVD Video to VCD Video [ 1 Answers ]

How can I rip my DVD video to VCD Video files. Is there out any freeware to do this. Please let me know the link for that. Thanx:rolleyes:

Problem with video [ 2 Answers ]

I´ve just uninstalled a NVIDIA card and am using an onboard video card. After starting the PC for the first time with the onboard card, it appeard to be working properly, but there were some conflicts in the set up. I decided to deactivate the video card in the System/Device Manager, and restart...

Problem with video in windows XP [ 2 Answers ]

I´ve just uninstalled a NVIDIA card and am using an onboard video card. After starting the PC for the first time with the onboard card, it appeard to be working properly, but there were some conflicts in the set up. I decided to deactivate the video card in the System/Device Manager, and restart...

Problem with video [ 1 Answers ]

I´ve just uninstalled a NVIDIA card and am using an onboard video card by now. After starting the PC for the first time with the onboard card, despite appearing to be working properly, there were some conflicts in the set up. I decided to deactivate the video card in the System/Device Manager, and...

View more questions Search