Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lrm825 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2007, 06:42 PM
    Bleed brakes--max torque to close bleed valve screw?
    Working on a '99 Miata. Changed the right rear caliper, but cannot find information on the maximum torque to close the bleed valve screw. My repair manual does not have this information nor the Kragen store nor the website of the manufacturer--Cardone. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2007, 06:45 PM
    Just snug them up by hand, using either an 8 mm or 10 mm combination wrench. No need to do anything more than that. If you do, you run the risk of shearing them off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heavy bleed after orgasm [ 11 Answers ]

I bet nobody knows the answer to this question. I have looked everywhere on the Net and there seems to be no information whatsoever about it. I'm 30 years old. I don't get my periods anymore, really. I had abnormally heavy periods, and constant heavy bleeding about 2 years ago. These days,...

Well water pump-how to Prime or bleed it? [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: When running the water.. every few minutes.. it will stop for a few seconds.. and you will hear it start up again. This has just started to happen in the last few months.. and I was told it might need to be primed or blead. I have no idea how to do this! Will I need to contact...

Implantation Bleed? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant but getting a slight brownish discharge most days over the last week. Should I be worried that I might miss carry or is this norm. If norm how long does it last? This is my first pregnancy

Bleed Through? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a split receptacle that is switched. The switched portion is reading 34 volts when the switch is off and 120 when on. What is wrong? What should I be looking for?

Implantation bleed? [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help? I usually have 27/28 day cycle. Today is day 26. I have light brown spotting and mild cramping. Could this be implantation bleeding? We have been trying to conceive for 13 months. (we miscarried 2 months ago and my last period was 27 days) HPT negative but if we did conceive...

View more questions Search