Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karenr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2007, 03:22 PM
    19 Year old home from college
    My daughter has just returned home from being away at college for the past 10 months. She has gained over 60 pounds and is doing terrible in school. Now that she is home she keeps her room messy, is unkempt and ignores most of what we ask of her. She is never verbally disrespectful, but just ignores our requests. She has a very serious boyfriend who we just adore. Her hygiene is also terrible. How can we make her sit up and start acting like an adult? Frankly I have had it with her. We sent her away to school hoping that she would grow up, but all we did was waste $37,000.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 12, 2007, 06:49 PM
    Make her get a job or get out ? Explain you are not a welfare agency.

You can not make her do anything, you can request her to be certain ways in her home or ask her to leave.
    Mamao2 Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Jun 12, 2007, 06:59 PM
    I agree, a job would force her to smarten up. But maybe there is a reason for the change. Maybe she is feeling hurt because you sent her away. There are many reasons she may have changed. Talk to her about it if you can. If that doesn't work, she gets a job or gets out. She has a boyfriend who will take care of her
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Jun 12, 2007, 07:28 PM
    Maybe she would listen to her boyfriend more than she would listen to you.

But I wonder, doesn't her boyfriend have any problems with her "ignorant" behaviour (how to call it?)?

I think she is just very lazy, am I right?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

18 Year Old Still Living at Home [ 7 Answers ]

My wife and I still have an 18 year old son living with us. He graduated from high school, but is not interested in going any farther. We have offered to pay, but he's still not interested in school. He "hangs out" with his friends, and sometimes comes home drunk or high. We live in Tennessee and...

Is Excelsior College a real college? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, if someone can please help me and let me know if Excelsior College's distance learning program is legally accredited, I would appreciate it very much. I would like to get a BS degree in Computer Information System through distance learning. I found that Excelsior College is perfect for this,...

How to Evict 19 Year Old Step Daughter From Home [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Georgia with my husband and his two grown children (ages 22 and 19) for the last 10 years. The 19 year old is into drugs and drinking and is constantly laying out of work (if she even has a job) and bringing her drug friends into our home when we are not there. There is evidence she...

College guy suddenly confusing college girl [ 4 Answers ]

So here's the deal: I entered college midyear. During my first week, I met this incredibly nice & cute guy. We hit it off. We spent hours just talking in his room. He drove me to the bookstore to get my books. We went out for fast food a couple times. Things got complicated when he decided to...

Home schooled: credits for college? [ 3 Answers ]

Im homeschooled, this is my senior year, I would like to know how I can obtain credits for Collage, does anyone know anything about it? If you do please can you help me with some information please?

View more questions Search