Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    undermyumbrella Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Jun 12, 2007, 03:17 PM
    Lower back tattoo.
    Hey, I was wondering if you get a relli small tattoo on your lower back, then when you grow up can you still get the shot to take the pain away when your in labour. Because, a lot of people say you can't, and some people say you can... so I'm confused... help!
    Mamao2 Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Jun 12, 2007, 07:03 PM
    It's called an epideral, and no, you can't get one of you have a tattoo in the way. A doctor can not make a incision of any kind on a tattoo because it releases toxins into your body. If you get one on your stomach, they can't cut it either so you better hope that you don't have any problems and have to get an emergency C-section. Think hard before you get one.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2007, 07:15 PM
    Yes you can still get an epidural. The last poster is referring to an urban myth. It is the same thing people talk about with the MRIs and what not... it is all a myth. Some anesthisiologists still cling to it, but millions of women have had epidurals (including 3 of my personal friends) with a lower back tattoo without any complications

Epidural - BME Encyclopedia
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2007, 07:53 PM
    alkalineangel is right - a tattoo is in your skin it would be like saying if you had a birthmark or mole on you lower back you could not get an epidural. Its all urban legend nonsense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Right lower back pain [ 2 Answers ]

I have had this pain now going on two weeks. It really seems to hurt the most when I bend over or raise my right leg to sit on the edge of the bed. Sitting down can also be a challage at times. I have went to several doctors and they can't give me a answer to what or why it is hurtting so bad. In...

Lower back pain [ 1 Answers ]

I've had on and off lower to middle back pain for more than a month... when it's on it also makes my butt feel a bit numb. Heat and/or a Ben Gay type ointment makes it feel better. What could be causing it and how do I make it feel better?

Lower jaw too far back. [ 1 Answers ]

My lower jaw is too far back and I am going to get braces, they are giving me two options either have surgery and get my jaw broke or get something on my teeth that slowly fix my jaw. Do you have to get your jaw wired shut to realign it?

Pain in lower back [ 0 Answers ]

My friend is having lower back pain, actually right above his buttocks. He says that it feels like a burning sensation that lasts about 10 seconds and then goes and returns again. He has had this pain for about 1 day. He has not lifted any heavy objects and doesn't believe he has pulled any...

View more questions Search