Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darniboy Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Jun 12, 2007, 02:43 PM
    Death is so scarey to think about
    I no it's a part of life but I just can't seem to accept the fact that everyone dies one day and imagine when I'm old id be so depresssed when you die you don't really no its like you have never been born its really scarey don't u agree??
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2007, 02:54 PM
    When you're young you worry about it, but as you grow older and live a lifetime of experiences you don't think about it as much. You end up spending more time thinking about your kids and the responsibilities that you have. Granted if you just sit at home and don't do much then it is a depressing thought.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 12, 2007, 08:30 PM
    I watched my father die last week, and placed him in his final resting place today.

I have to say that I was afraid at one point in my life also. I have to say that I watched him fighting for breath, really fighting to stay alive the last 2 weeks of his life. I was not there when he passed, but was there to say goodbye shortly thereafter. I must say that I felt that he was at peace. He was no longer struggling, he was no longer in pain. He was in eternal rest.

It is a frightening thought though, dying, until you have been with a loved one that you love so immensely, and you can't take away their pain, you can't breathe for them. But when they are gone, although sadness can be consuming, it is a blessing knowing that the suffering is over. The suffering for the sick, the suffering for the family who so depserately loves...

Life goes on... Memories were made... laughter is contageous... laughter is healing... hope is eternal.
    rondom1 Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Jun 25, 2007, 12:47 AM
    I think that its not only part of life but its lifes one great last adventure I look forward to when my life ends because no one living knows what its like to be 6 feet under (sorry to any religions). Anyway if you want a more alternative view on the subject you might want to check out the movie "waking life" it has some interesting opinions on life and death and how death could be as if you were dreaming. Also I think (sorry again to any religions) that you should live your life however you want and NEVER worry about heaven/hell because I never understood the people who constantly worry about sining and waste there whole life and never realise that in the end none of it could matter
    gaia213 Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Jun 25, 2007, 03:36 AM
    I told you hed die J

I must say you have absoulutely no idea about death you might think it this way that it sounds offensive but believe me

Life is so full of suprises I myself for an example or people I know do not fear death we even do wish it

Believe me death is nothing terrific I do not believe in god nor anything like that but of age you are tired of life that is life I do understand you can't accept it but as you grow mentally youl stop to worry about it just as NeedKarma said but you see I'm 12 years old so I can't say that body growth is all I'm just unique

But you don't have to be afraid it is something that is just natural we are born and we pass on that is just how it goes we get born we give out our children to the world in most cases and die I am sorry if this offended you but that is true

Jun 25, 2007, 03:38 AM
    Yet there is always hope as J_9 said yet I think J_9 if this is your first time that someone died like that for you I must say I'm surprised about it due to your job
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2007, 03:59 AM
    Death is not that scary to think about. Accepting death as the natural stage of life - why fear it? It does not mean you don't cry or grieve but you recognize that the struggle here on earth has been met and prayerfully, the person is now at blessed rest. Perhaps the peace that person could not attain here on earth.

Also, when you are old, you are not automatically depressed. Does the thought of getting old make you that depressed? There is truly much to look forward to in life. Every day is a new opportunity to do something positive for yourself and others. It is not about death, cannot live in that shadow.

If you find yourself continuing to be depressed and focused on death and dying, please go and talk to someone you trust about your feelings. Take care.

Jun 26, 2007, 07:26 AM
    Thank you for that and no old does not automaticaly make one deppresed it is an option too though but it makes you tired that is sure

Feelings that I have are like they are

Sometimes you have the will to live sometimes you don't

It all depends on your mind and situation

But do not fear death it is natual you are born you give out your children to the world and die this is the circle that has been going on through all eternity
    Topmodel Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2007, 06:59 AM
    I don't know who told you "that when you die, its like you never known you were born". I had some preacher tell me that when I was a kid. What a lie. If that's the case, why would Jesus tell the thief who was besides him on the cross when he died, he will be in paradise with him? I asked the preacher that and he couldn't even answer my question.

Of coarse you'll know you existed. Why would God put you here and take you away and basically abolish your existence. No where in the bible says he will do that.

I tell you, some folks will tell you anything to try to scare you.
    Kattalover Posts: 120, Reputation: 20

Jul 24, 2007, 02:12 PM
    The realization that more than half my life is over and that I'm going to die some day hits me at least once a day, typically when I'm about to fall asleep. It feels like an icy hand squeezing my heart and is accompanied by a feeling of utter hopelessness. :( It has become so bad that I'm considering looking for a job that lets me work nights and sleep during the day because these attacks are much less pronounced during daytime.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2007, 02:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by darniboy
    I no its a part of life but i just can't seem to accept the fact that everyone dies one day and imagine when im old id be so depresssed when you die u dont really no its like you have never been born its really scarey dont u agree???????

Dying is a natural process,
    Yes as we are born so must we die,
    Some live to reach a ripe old age while others die when quite young.

As none of us believe the other to be right, why take a chance to see if our life after death really ends OR if it is really the beginning of a new life OR if the afterlife is for the Almighty to judge us on how we lived our worldly life.

For those who believe in a Creator, they are working towards the next life, while others who don't believe never think of an after life.
    As I said why take a chance and not be prepared for life after death, IF it does exist, then if you are prepared then no hassle but if you are not then who knows what will happen...

Worrying about death and what happens after death is not a problem as all of us think about it one or another but if this train of thought hinders your daily life then I think you should try and get some professional help.

:) :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Death well [ 5 Answers ]

In circus bikers move on bikes in a death well horizontally as well as verically but do not fall. Kindly explain the reason and tell what are the forces acting on them .

Death and credit card death. [ 3 Answers ]

My father recently died leaving enough money to pay off most of his debts,but not all.I contacted those credit card companies that there no funds to pay and informed them of my father's death and that there were no assets to pay these debts.I soon received a letter (from american express) asking to...

Death and credit card death. [ 1 Answers ]

My father recently died leaving enough money to pay off most of his debts,but not all.I contacted those credit card companies that there no funds to pay and informed them of my father's death and that there were no assets to pay these debts.I soon received a letter (from american express) asking to...

What happens after death. [ 2 Answers ]

Not sure if the first time I asked this if it went through... What happens after a person dies(in the stae of Maine) to their debt? Is the family responsible for the debt? Does that vary state to state? I would appreciate any help. Thanks so much.

Cause of death [ 4 Answers ]

A friend's death was classified as cocaine poisoning (i.e. overdose), due to 3.0 mg/L of benzoylecgonine in her blood, collected from the aorta post-mortem. The autopsy report said she had received a blow to the abdomen prior to death, causing a ruptured spleen and the loss of an estimated 500 cc...

View more questions Search