Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lady_tw Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2007, 01:34 PM
    Test Device 2 Test Inside Wiring w/o Phone
    Is there a small (max 5cmX5cmx5cm), inexpensive test device or card on the market that I can use to test my phone line at the NID without using a telephone? This is important as I have a cordless.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2007, 07:43 PM
    You can use your cordless at NID. You just need Extension cord, The base unit and transformer plugged in. then test phone. I'm still looking up 5cm(How much is that in feet?)
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2007, 06:17 AM
    This: might help:

KC9ASI - How To Extract the LED from a "phone line tester"

You can leave intact for your use.
    lady_tw Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2007, 09:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando
    You can use your cordless at NID. You just need Extension cord, The base unit and transformer plugged in. then test phone. I'm still looking up 5cm(How much is that in feet?)
    5cm is about 1.5 to 2 inches. So I'm looking for a device that's no more than a small deck of cards.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 18, 2007, 09:43 AM
    Have you checked Radio Shack?
    Datacomm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2007, 10:04 PM
    Goto: Gardner Bender Modular Dual Telephone Line Tester - GTT-200 at The Home Depot

See: Gardner Bender Modular Dual Telephone Line Tester

Model GTT-200

$10.79/Each

Hope this helps. These are handy!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Phone is active outside No dial tone w/ inside wiring [ 6 Answers ]

:( Older townhome with red green black yellow wires from jacks. Incoming lines are blue /white, orange/white, green/white, blue/red, brown/white, grey/white and vs.versa. All jacks have been disconnected and I have tested the first incoming jack with blue/white, white/blue to the red and green...

Negative pregnant test and blood test. Could I still be pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

I had an ectopic pregnancy in October 2006, and have been trying to conceive since January 07, I am 1week late for my period and have had many signs of pregnancy, including spotting a week before my period was due, since then I have had 5 negative home pregnancy tests, and a hcg level of below 1.5...

What's the diff between diaelectric test and insulation test [ 1 Answers ]

I am puzzled, What exactly is the difference between diaelectric test and insulation test. Some says it the same, but others says it's because one applied power to perform the test the latter don't. And some says both are using power but one is using AC power and the other using Dc power. There...

Do I need to test? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Virginia. My wife has just had a baby girl and there is a question of paternity. I am willing to accept this child as my own and have read that in Va, the husband is presumed to be the father. There is no father listed on the BC. Do I need to have a paternity test to have my name placed...

View more questions Search