Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcchevy777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2003, 07:47 PM
    Mobo and Processor compatibility
    I have a GVC mb I bought on eBay (big mistake), GVC KR637 Pll 440EX Micro ATX MB anyway it said it supports the Pll, I also bought a Pll (on ebay) and would like to know if I could just plug these in together. I know for a fact that this mobo supports Pll, but I have no manual or specs. I have tried repeatedly to get some support online, but as I found out the hard way it is virtually non-existant. There are several friendly sites out there that try to assist, but this mobo is way to specific. On the board itself it has the jumper settings for up to 333mhz on jp1, one problem; my pll is a 400mhz if I set the jumpers to the 333mhz setting would it cause it harm or problems later. By the way I have a similar mobo and would like to put a new processor on it also but this time I will match up the processor first. What does X3,X3.5,X4,x4.5,X5 mean could that be the processor speed? Also what other jumpers do I need to set on the mobo to match up my processor? I really don't want to fry this thing or have any problems later with it heating up or not enough voltage!
    Any info would really be apprecitated.
    Thanks
    PS: Micron PC and all those others that don't support their product ought to be sent to Iraq!
    Marc :-/ :-/
    tototu Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Mar 8, 2003, 11:35 AM
    mobo and Processor compatibility
    Years ago Micron got away from home PC market which was a bad policy because all of their support was Micron help desk support. Why people buy and sell these boards is beyond me.
    To solve your problem... The clock speed is the result of setting more than 1 Jumper and involves your core speed and core speed multiplier. If you want to jump for 400MZ, then youneed to set your core speed to 100 and multiply it by 4. That is what those X numbers are. So the proper Jumper settings for your board should be: at the JP1 jumper block, 1-2 is OFF; 3-4 is ON; 5-6 is ON; 7-8 is ON. At the J29 jumper block, the jumper should be OFF.
    You will find your J29 core speed jumper block near your DIMMs and your JP1 CPU jumper block between a group of can capacitors and your Parallel port riser. ;D ;D ;D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excel and word compatibility [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to streamline the data entry process in my company with regards to a new service. Right now we input customer order info into a Word document, retype the same info into an Excel spreadsheet, then copy and reformat the information into an Outlook email to the customer. I would like to...

Mobo fried along with power supply? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm troubleshooting a friends system He said he heard a pop and then smelled something burning Computer wouldn't start after that I hooked my power supply to his mobo and only the led light on the mobo turns on... Off/on don't work

Mobo and reformat [ 4 Answers ]

I can't remember... do I need to reformat my hard drives if I install a new mobo... I didn't think I did before but its been so long since I did... thx folks for any help.. later

View more questions Search