Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pimpete Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2007, 12:05 PM
    Middle school
    I need tips eny tips even if there stupid I don't care tips tips tips!! :)
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Jun 12, 2007, 12:06 PM
    You need tips on what? I can't give you any tips unless I know what you are wanting to know.
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Jun 12, 2007, 12:06 PM
    Be yourself and be prepared
    (:

Jun 12, 2007, 12:10 PM
    I need tips on eny thing if you've been through middle school then you would now what I need to look out for and what I can stop sweating about!
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Jun 12, 2007, 12:14 PM
    Relax honey. It will be fine as long as your stay in school. People will be bullies at times, but don't let their words get to you, brush it off and act like you don't care. It will make them stop bullying you around.
    Be sure to do your homework and pass your classes.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 12, 2007, 12:16 PM
    Don't take any wooden nickels
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Jun 12, 2007, 12:17 PM
    Just relax! To me it wasn't much different then what I had been doing, except you change classes. School is school, at times it is a blast, and at other times you hate it. Just live for the good and learn from the bad. Be yourself and if someone likes you, great, and if someone doesn't like you, then that is their problem. You will have fun, don't worry about it.
    koreankoshi1 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Jun 13, 2007, 12:00 PM
    Middle school is nothing to be afraid of. I'm starting high school in the fall,and I'm not that scared anymore. What I'm saying is,that middle school is the same as elementary school,it's just that you have harder work,more classes,lockers,and your more grown-up. The first day can be scary,but you'll get used to it. If I can do it,you can to! TTFN! Good Luck!
    Tootruetooblue Posts: 61, Reputation: 17

Jun 14, 2007, 01:14 PM
    I'm a Mom and my son is starting middle school this year. Let me share what I've told him.

First of all, every kid your age is starting at the same time as you and they have the same fears you do. They don't know any more than you do, so don't feel like you are going to walk into this mysterious situation like the only kid who doesn't have a clue. Nobody has a clue, and you'll all figure it out at the same time.

Second, grownups aren't as dumb as we sometimes seem. We know it's hard being in middle school - we've been there. Most of what makes it hard is the self-doubt and worry about what we don't know yet and knowing that, the grownups involved in your school will make sure you are well supported until you feel comfortable in this new school environment. They will help you find your classes, remember your locker combination, figure out hard homework assignments and so on.

You will have worries about social stuff, but you will figure that out when you need to. When it comes to stuff like dating, follow your parent's advise - they know you and have your best interests at heart more than anyone.

I remember, for example, worrying about what kissing would be like. Believe me, when you are ready for this stuff, you figure it out. Not worth worrying about. I also remember worrying I'd never ever have a boyfriend - well, I've had a lot of them - as many as the much, much prettier and more popular girls.

A lot of kids your age are nervous about their appearance because they want everyone to think they look good, and feel very judged and noticed. Just wear what you like, shower every day, keep your hair looking neat and clean and forget about it. If you aren't sure what to wear, go to a store for kids your age and ask for help from the sales staff to put together some outfits. Get some magazines about teen fashion. Don't try to dress sexy or older than you are - that's trashy, not cute. The other kids are too nervous about how they look to worry about how you look.

As for the work, just like every other year, the school will give you work that's at your level but a little bit challenging so that you can handle it, but will learn. That's the same thing they've done since you were in Kindergarten. If something seems impossible, keep in mind that at earlier points in your development you taught yourself to walk, you learned how to tie your shoes, you learned how to read and write - those tasks were just as daunting then as whatever you are nervous about now.

Just relax, and know that nobody expects you to know anything you havent' done before. You will find a very nervous group of kids will start the year, and by Christmas it will be like the whole group of you own the place. Just like it was when you started kindergarten.
    steffy_bear Posts: 47, Reputation: -2

Jun 17, 2007, 11:55 AM
    Get everything done. Keep organized. Don't really "care" about what people say. Don't change yourself for anyone. But just chill... I was like you and I was totally scared. My first year was horrible because all I did was worry and stress myself out. But later I then found out I can get get by, do things I want to do, and don't have to stress out that much.
    rockstar567 Posts: 77, Reputation: 2

Jun 17, 2007, 12:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpete
    I need tips eny tips even if there stupid i dont care tips tips tips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
    Tips about middle skewl?
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Never let them see your hurt, never give out amunition(not litteral ammunition I meant figurativly)
    Musiclvr14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2007, 05:17 PM
    Don't let any one bully you around and if they do tell them to back off or you'll go wild on them. Middle school is fun. Have a great time.

Jun 21, 2007, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Don't take any wooden nickels
    Huh?
    82180 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2007, 11:59 AM
    My six year old has a habit of lying to me and here dad with know problem.Please help.
    CHALLENGER_1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2008, 04:55 PM
    IM STARTING TO BUT TWO OLDER SISTER'S went. They say just be yourself and make friends
    floppop123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2008, 06:45 PM
    I'm a cheerleader and a few times I really wanted to get off the team; I had my reasons. I have a really nice guy friend that I've known forever and I was texting him this one time telling all my problems and he gave me this really lovly quote and I'm going to pass it on 2 u:"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you will land among the stars." meaning that always give your best shot @ everything but that doesn't mean that you always have to be perfect. Lovely isn't it??
    xxluvmexxhatemexx Posts: 45, Reputation: 0

Apr 26, 2008, 12:46 PM
    Okay first you should pay attention in class, never chew gum in classes you shouldn't, never skip, take notes as much as you can-u can never be too prepared, do your math homework because it's the only way to get good at math, stay out of drama, keep your locker organized so you can find what you need fast, have a one binder that has all your subjects, it'll cut up locker breaks so you can get to class on time or faster, and always have a pencil. Good luck!
    pinkrosesmell Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2010, 08:58 AM

My 10 magical tips :)

1.make new friends
    2.dont this your old ones
    3.be a nice person
    4.STUDY
    5.worry about dating in high school
    6.listin in class
    7.save talk for in between classes,after school,the bus,lunch,study hall,resses, NOT IN CLASS
    8.be a good friend
    9.avoid dramma
    10.dont gossip, or bully, no one likes bullys
    Have a great year hoped I helped:):):)
    murrayisawesome Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2012, 08:45 PM
    I am starting middle school in the fall. I am an eleven year old girl and I've been in the gifted program since first grade, but I still cannot help but be worried. I will not know many kids going to my school because I didn't go to the elementary school in my district. That's okay though. I have an extremely crazy tip, though, and it helps way more than you might think it will. Be embarrassed because you did something absurd. Be sad because your best friend is moving, and worry about middle school. It's so much more complicated to do all these things to make you less worried. Just get over these things quickly, because they're not going to bring the world to its end. Don't be stressed, because we're too young to be stressed. I am really worried too, and that is the best advice I can give. Don't try to be something else, either, because eventually you will run out of new things to be. Don't be pressured into doing simething stupid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting Middle School [ 21 Answers ]

I am sarting middle school in August. And I don't know what to do about it. I am not prepared for middle school yet. What should I do?

Middle school [ 3 Answers ]

I need a middle school speech for principal

Middle school dating [ 50 Answers ]

I like this guy and I want to go out with him. I don't want to be sexual <definately not> but I want him to be my boyfriend. In your own opinion, is middle school too young for dating?

Middle school [ 13 Answers ]

I am super siked and scared I mean come on older people making fun of me! That will ruen my reputation! Trust me I'm hot! Eny way what if everybody else hears the older people and start making fun of me to!:eek: I'm looking forward and not I've got mixed emotions!:rolleyes:

Middle School Madness! [ 4 Answers ]

My cousin Sebastian,is too upset about middle school. I keep telling him that everything will be okay,but he says that he's not ready,yet. What can I do to help?

View more questions Search