Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JeanieG59 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2007, 10:01 AM
    Is my PC Dead?
    We had a power outage earlier this week due to a raccoon electrocution in our city's substation. All of our home electronics are fine EXCEPT for our DELL 5100 computer tower. The monitor works, and the indicator light for internet hookup is lit. We just cannot turn on the computer. We called the DELL maintenance help department, but they have not called us back after suggesting that we try different plug-ins. What else can we try? Any suggestions before we try calling DELL back, AGAIN?:rolleyes:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 12, 2007, 10:06 AM
    Have you tried a different monitor?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Seeing The Dead [ 35 Answers ]

Hi , I'm 15 , recently been very ill for 4 weeks with bad headaches , since I've been ill I've started seeing people , weird strange people , lately I've noticed these people are dead since I saw my uncle who passed away a year ago , This also happened when I was about 7 , my parents thought I...

Dead outside unit [ 12 Answers ]

My outside unit has gone down. This unit is a 2.5 ton Godwin (I believe). I do have power to it so it isn't a breaker. When you stand next to it, and turn the t-stat to on (cool, auto), the unit clicks. The fan tried to turn (about 1/2 a turn and straining), and then stopped and simply hummed. ...

Seeing dead? [ 5 Answers ]

Hiya all, I'm quite new to this, I'm going through a pretty hard time at the moment, one of my Aunty's son's died at the weekend, I'm pretty close to her. I went to see her and behind her, at a glance, I saw this man standing behind her with his hand on her shoulder. When I got home I mentioned...

Dead in the Yard [ 4 Answers ]

How do I check to see if I am getting juice to the spark plug?

Battery goes dead [ 1 Answers ]

My battery goes dead over night when I leave the + wire on checked over all wires can't find anything the battery works fine in my other truck can leave it for a week no problems can't figure this one out

View more questions Search