Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chadkellis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2007, 09:23 AM
    Can I rig 2 generators (220v bi-phase) to get 220v three fase
    I have two 6000 watt generators that are bi-phase and want to run a 5hp motor that is 220v / 3 phase. Is it possible? How would the wiring go? I'm in Mexico and can't find a rental... well I found varios but no one that can hook up my motor.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2007, 01:42 PM
    No, your plan won't work.
    tomgeorge Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2007, 04:29 AM
    Chad, you can produce what they call a WILD 3rd leg with the use of an electric motor and some capacitors

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring 220V Single Phase 30 AMP car lift motor [ 5 Answers ]

Recently I perchased 9000 pounds 2 post car lift, and only after car lift has arrived I've found out that the requirements for the motor are 220VAC Single Phase 30 AMP 60 Hz. Can somebody please explain how to use this motor safely with the standard power outlet. Thank you.

220v to 110v [ 4 Answers ]

I am installing an electric stovetop. The one I removed had 4 wires.. red, black,white, and bare copper. The new one has 3.. black, red, and bare.. from what I have read here, the old system is a 220v/110v system... I assume that I hook up red to red, black to black, bare to ground. How...

220v dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if anybody new what size wire I have to run from my breaker box to my outlet Thank you

110v vs 220v [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I have a cell phone that requires for 220v that I bought from the philippines. Is it okay if I plug the charger to a 110v here in the u.s? Would it damage the cell if charger is plug to110v? Thanks for your help. Marcia

220v 50a welder, 220v 30a dryer plug [ 1 Answers ]

I just got an arc welder that is 220v 50a. I thought I could plug it into the 220v receptacle in my garage, not realizing how many different types of 220v plugs and amperages there are. The receptacle in my garage turns out to be a 220v 30a dryer plug. My question is can I just change the...

View more questions Search