Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J.K. Sherron Jr. Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2005, 04:36 PM
    Stem cell/spinal cord injury
    What is the latest information on spinal cord injury?
    Is there any research using stem cell dealing with spinal cord injury?
    senator Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2005, 05:46 AM
    Stem cell research for spinal cord injury
    :o To quote the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
    "Breakthroughs in stem cell research hold the greatest promise of a cure, but re-growing damaged nerves is a long way off."

There is also a lot of political debate over the issue of stem cell research that is getting in the way.

There is also another path to curing spinal cord injury and it is already in the clinical trial stage.

From the Mayo clinic: "Nerve growth factor was the first neurotrophic factor discovered. Scientists have since found other neurotrophins. Experimental studies indicate that some neurotrophins promote nerve regeneration. Scientists are currently evaluating these in humans. But none is yet available for use in the clinical treatment of damaged peripheral nerves."
    BrainSpinalCord Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Sep 2, 2008, 07:35 PM
    This ad-free site stays up to date on the latest spinal cord injury information, including stem cell treatment. Two of today's blog posts deal with stem cells: one outlines a breakthrough in "ethical" stem cell sources and another goes over the upcoming world stem cell summit in Madison, WI.

You can find many SCI videos here as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Injury law [ 1 Answers ]

Can you sue a negligent individual in a workmans comp injury?

Spinal - ITC [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Sir, Madam, I am shweta from India. I met accident before 10 years ago. Since then I could walk with help of sticks and elbow sticks. Doctors said that I'm suffering from Paraplegia.It has been affected on D12. They said my nerves hv been pressed and so there is not much possibility of my...

Stem Cell Research [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, I am currently taking a philosophy course and we have been assigned a debate assignment that is in regards to the morality of stem cell research. My group was given the task of being opposed to stem cell research. If anyone can give me any idea why people may be opposed to stem cell...

View more questions Search