Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1340Rider Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2007, 06:05 AM
    Pull switch chain broke
    Hampton bay 3 speed fan pull chain broke inside the switch. How do I go about replacing the switch when I do not have a wiring schematic?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2007, 10:39 AM
    Home depot or should have replacement.
    The color of the wires are important,
    Go to the first sticky under "Electrical and Lighting" lot of good info, answer probably
    There.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New pull chain switch for ceiling fan light [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I just purchased a new pull chain switch for my ceiling fan light. The lead wires coming down are white and blue. The wires on the new switch are black, blue and red. Normally these are simple installs but I need help on how to wire these due to the different colors. Thanks!

Pull chain switch [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I was told that I could convert any light fixture to a pull chain light by drilling a hole in the light canopy and connecting a pull chain switch. I did that and got the light to work but it will not turn off with the chain, I have no wall switch. Is this all wrong or have I connected...

Pull Chain switch [ 1 Answers ]

I am wanting to add a pull chain mechanism to a new, hard wired type light fixture. I have purchased a ceiling fan light kit pull chain mechanism. The pull chain mech has red, blue and black wires:eek:. . The fixture has white, black and ground. . How do I wire this up?

Installing a pull chain switch on a ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

I just replaced the broken pull chain switch on a ceiling fan. There were two black wires coming from above the light socket. Either way I attached them to the two black wires coming from the pull switch worked. Does it matter which goes to which if they work either way?

Replacing a pull chain switch [ 1 Answers ]

Help! My new pull chain switch has (only) two black wires; how do I connect it to the ceiling wires (one black, one white, plus the ground wire)? Thank you! Willow

View more questions Search