Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harrelphillips Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2007, 05:08 AM
    Need recipe
    Back in the early 70's I frequented a restaurant in San Francisco called "The Hippopatamus Burger". They had a desert that was to die for. It consisted of a battered deep fried banana section with a dip or two of vanilla ice cream and a sauce poured over the top.
    The sauce was the key ingredient and the batter used to dip and deep fry the banana was also remarkable. Does anyone remember this restaurant and more specifically the sauce and the batter? I need (desire) the recipe.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2007, 05:26 AM
    Well here is THE site for restaurant recipes but I don't see yours there. :(

copykat.com
    rubberduck10 Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Dec 27, 2008, 04:21 PM

This may not be the right recipe, but this one sure sounds good and seems almost just alike as to how you described it.

INGREDIENTS
    3/4 cup white rice flour
    1/4 cup tapioca flour
    2 tablespoons white sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup shredded coconut
    1 1/4 cups water
    10 bananas
    3 cups oil for frying

DIRECTIONS
    In a medium bowl, mix rice flour, tapioca, sugar, salt and coconut. Stir in water, a little at a time, and mix to form a thick batter.
    Peel the bananas and cut each lengthwise into 3 or 4 pieces. Heat oil in deep-fryer or deep wok to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
    Completely coat each banana slice in batter, then fry in hot oil until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve at once.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

**Recipe Sharing** [ 139 Answers ]

Ok this is where I want you all to share your recipes here with everyone, What we want is those recipes you know you can't live without those ones that have been with you that you can adapt or just keep as they are. Go on make us drewl and head out to the market to buy the ingredients I know a...

Recipe Swap! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all... I was just wondering if you would like to share your most loved recipe? I thought with people from all over the world, it might be nice to get some new ideas. It can be a main dish, dessert, salad, appetizer or whatever. Anyone? ;) I will have to decide on mine and then come...

Recipe Trade: Here's my MarsBar Cheesecake Recipe (A real winner!) [ 1 Answers ]

From My Family Kitchen to Yours.. Want to trade a tried and tested family favorite? Here's one from my kitchen.. MarsBar Cheesecake, perfect for a Special Birthday - Sure to put a smile on that Birthday Persons dile:) This recipe is for a LARGE Cake - if you are catering for a smaller...

Looking for a recipe. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. We're looking for a cabbage recipe that we once had that was made with shredded cabbage, farmer's cheese, and some other ingredients. It was made in a frying pan and was very much like a pierogi filling. Does anyone have any idea how to make this recipe? Thanks. Dave.

Bero recipe [ 14 Answers ]

I'd like to make flapjacks with cornflakes instead of oats. Somebody told me the recipe is in a Bero cookbook. Can any of you help me? Wildflower

View more questions Search