Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heathermck Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jun 11, 2007, 09:36 PM
    Scared for my best friend
    My bestest friend in the whole world is haivng the most serious problem ever. Her parents.
    I can say that they have never hit her but has grabbed and pushed her. One night her parents and her got in a fight about her going out for a walk around the house and they flipped out and starting pushing at her and screaming. All I could do was stand there while her dad grabbed at her to calm down but all she was doing was screaming how he was scaring her and hurting her. (btw he's a precher) after this they took me home but not after he kicked her. My own dad even heard how loud she was screaming after they dropped me off. She was screaming for me telling me how she was scarred. They have already gone threw with cops comig over to the house. And now her mom won't let her see me and she is concealed to her house. Recently she has been crying to me how she wants to die and all her mom said when she told her how she felt was that she was stupid. She tried slitting her writs and all her parents did was scream and yell at her some more and threated to send her away. Now she isn't crazy. Its her parents her mom has these minds games. Its scary. She can't go anywhere or do anything. All she doesn't now is get yelled at and cry in her room. I can't do anything except comfort her and tell her not to do anything to hurt herself. Please tell me isn't this some kind of emotional abuse or something by the parents. I mean this is getting worse and worse and I'm afraid for my best friend to be in her house with them anymore,
    I need help so I can help her.
    Pleasee I need advise
    Auttajasi Posts: 107, Reputation: 27

Jun 11, 2007, 10:13 PM
    This is not only emotional abuse, but, the way you described the situation makes me think that there is physical abuse going on. THIS IS ILLEGAL. In my opinion, you have a moral obligation to report this. Look up the number for child protective services or department of social services. You need to do this to protect your friend. I am assuming that she is under the age of 18 (or whatever the age of adulthood is in your state).

Now, as a friend, you need to be there for her more than ever. You may be the difference here. She may be too scared to call the police herself or to tell anyone. You have to be so so strong and supportive to her. This is probably going to take a lot of effort on your part, but you have to do it. Any kind of abuse is not acceptable. Sometimes, the police may not be enough, so I would call social services in your area.

Abuse is so common in the US and the abuser uses coercion and manipulation into scaring the abused. Some women spend their entire lifetime being abused by a husband, and they are too scared to do anything about it. This is where you come in. Please act quickly. You never know what can happen next. This is a tough responsibility to have and I pray that you have the strength to get through this with your friend. She will forever thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best friend [ 5 Answers ]

How do I talk to my best friend about y we r not ask close as we use to and how its affecting me and why has are friendship changed?

Best friend or Boyfriend? [ 10 Answers ]

I am in a very sticky situation. One of my closest friends has recently told me that he was very attracted to me.:o I am flattered, but don't know what to do in the long run as I don't feel the same way about him. I want to remain friends, but I don't want to hurt him. I am very confused as to...

Lost a best friend. What do I do? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a best friend. He's a guy and like we've been best friends for over 2 years now. We always did everything together and right now its Sunday at 935. And I've been crying for the last 3 days because he just came up to me and flat out said he didn't want to be my best friend anymore. I DID NOT...

My best friend want to be with my ex [ 5 Answers ]

My best friend want to be with my ex and I don't know what to do. Me and him have been together for a year and he called it off and know he likes my bestfrined and asked her out a week later. She came to me and asked me for my permission and I told her how I felt and she said that she wont(but I...

Me and My best friend and the Guy I like [ 21 Answers ]

Hi OK the guy I like likes me too and I liked him for a while now but I just found out that my best friend likes him too but he said he likes me and not her but he doesn't want to hurt her feeling by telling what should we said!

View more questions Search