Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    richard05 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2005, 05:33 AM
    Confused
    Im 24 years old and seriously depressed. I feel like I don't understand the world or why I'm in it.

I have always been insecure and unconfident of myself. I was with my last girlfriend for 6 years and eventually left her. I was never that happy with her and perhaps was too low to find someone else. I took a lot of drugs and became very lost and unhappy.

I ran away from my problems and went to Asia. After returing home I saved up and went to Auz. I met a girl there and opened up to her, I think I was in love with her. But she had to leave and we spent three months apart, I completely fell to pieces and thought about nothing but her and if I loved her or not.

I was so unhappy I came home and we met. We moved in together and we got on well. But I cried all the time and was unhappy. We are now on a break so that I can decide what I want.

I feel like when I'm with her she makes me so happy that I can do anything. I even feel like I can get any girls I want. But when she is gone I feel like I cannot. I know that if I end it with her I will have the same problem with my next girlfriend. Im stuck and confused. I just seem to be running away from something all the time and shutting everyone from my life. How do I resolve this? I want to be happy and I want to be with her, but I'm scared I will end up hurting her. My moods change all the time, one minute I want something the next I don't.

Am I just being weak or what?

Help!
    Beenkie Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2005, 01:49 PM
    Confused
    All I can tell you is that you got to think about what you want... No one can tell you what you're suppose to do. I mean you got to think about it deeply.. if you're happy with her then stay with her... but if she's gone all the time then I don't know... you have to be happy with your decision... You got to follow your heart and have some free time to think about what you want... I can't tell you what to do but I do say to make the best choice for U to be happy... N' think about it... You just got to know what U WANT... Just focus on what you want and need and just block everything out and find out what YOU want first before n'y movements and decision making... Just try to figure out what makes you happy... Dont let the fear cloud you and let a person hide behind a brick wall in the freezing dark...
    keenu Posts: 114, Reputation: 9

Jun 7, 2005, 03:40 AM
    Depressed
    Why don't you go to a Psychologist and get on some anti-depressants?
    You could probably use some counseling, too. It couldn't hurt.
    You seem to be trying to find your happiness in another and that won't work.
    You have to get happy yourself first and then you can find happiness WITH another. Don't choose to spend the rest of your life depressed. Choose to
    Get better! Depression can be like a broken record and you get stuck and keep on and on and on. The anti-depressants will enable to you get on track again. The counseling will help you get back your self-esteem and see that you can be so much more!
    I sincerely wish you good luck!
    keenu (Patty)
    richard05 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2005, 11:43 AM
    Depressed
    Thanks for the response. My girlfiend has now broken up with me (I think she wants me to get better and knows that I need to do this on my own). I am gutted, but determined to get better and go and see her when I feel ready.

I have been feeling depressed for about 3 years now, but I'm going to do everything it takes to lift myself out of this. Do you have any idea how long it could take? Or any advice on how to feel better. I have been thinking about moving to another area to start a fresh, maybe this might help me. Or do you think that it's a bad idea.

Im currently seeing a counciler, but I don't really want to go on anti depressents. Are there any alternatives or is it their any alternatives?

Many thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused about girlfriend... need help [ 9 Answers ]

I had been dating my girlfriend for about 3 and half years. My girlfriend is extremely attractive and I started to notice how much attention she was receiving whenever we went out to the bars or even the mall. I became very insecure and jeoulous.. I started constantly asking her "Who was she...

Help! Confused! [ 8 Answers ]

My friend had set me up on this blind date with this nice guy. Since that date, we have been on two more dates. Although there were awkard moments because we are just getting to know one another, I see possibilities between the two of us and was looking forward for his next call asking me out. My...

Confused? [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been dating for little over a month now and everything has been wonderful up to yesturday. I got an email in the morning from her and she was her usuall playful self and very cheerful. As the day wore on she emailed me and explained to me that she is feeling overwhelmed and...

Confused [ 4 Answers ]

I posted "feels promotion was robbed" last week, and I finally had the "discussion" to why I did not get selected for the Job. It still has me a little bewildered and distraught. I found out from the person who red flagged it and their reason why. What it basically came down to is she feels I need...

Confused [ 2 Answers ]

Where is my relationship with David leading to? Is there a relationship in the near future for me? What will happen with my career?

View more questions Search